Caballero, Bravo, Ederson
RBs: Sagna,
CBs: Demichelis, Mangala, Otamendi, Stones
LBs:
CMs:
Fernandinho, Fernando, Lampard, Delph, Gundogan,
AM/Wing: Navas, Sterling, Roberts, De Bruyne, Nolito, Sane, Bernardo
ST: Negredo, Jovetic, Bony, Jesus.

You can pick out the gems, but there's a lot of waste in both. I think if you gave Txiki 10 extra signings that Cook had in the same timeframe, and unlimited budget for the whole period too, that the picture would be very different. Clearly that FFP crunch on the budget is the weakest period of the lot.

Excellent informative post, I think its quite stark when you see them listed. So Pablo 1 and mossideblue then I have Zabaleta, Kompany, Toure, Silva, Tevez, and Aguero as world class. I can only pick KDB with hope for Sane and Bernardo. Yes / No.

Instead of spamming all the time try and qualify your comments, its all about opinions.

Oh how I miss the old days. Can't imagine how half of the posters on here would've coped

I was following City, but can't remember having a single conversation online or even in the pubs about who we might sign. More like "I hope we don't lose SWP". In the olden pre internet days, we didn't know about deals until they were done. Who the heck saw Rodney Bloody Marsh on his way?

The final line of the list could be read....

Negredo, Jovetic, Bony.......(oh)...Jesus!! And that would be about right, what a motley crew.

I already said that was a bonus about walker, you could argue we could have tried to get them and tried to sign rose for left back instead of mendy for home grown staus and kept gunn if the bravo to napoli rumour is true.

As I said I ain't a director of football so won't critisize txiki for this deal, as he's done what was required, just musing that was all.
Rose is injured for a long time mate. Secondly Gunn is nowhere close to playing a competitive game for us. The coaches see him week in week out. Its all easy to suggest lets have Gunn to cover for Ederson, what if Ederson gets injured for a long period. Do you think we can bank 3-4 months of our season with crucial CL, PL and cup games on Gunn being our goalkeeper?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.