Glass Tunnel now taking shape

Not interested now though. I'm not sure anyone over 10 years if age gets excited by being near a footballer do they? That's a proper plastic rag characteristic
Does it count if you get excited when you meet a footballer you used to idolise when you were ten? I reckon I'd go pretty knock-kneed if I ever spent an evening in the company of someone like Paul Power, for example. That said, I think meeting your childhood heroes is almost certainly bound to end in crushing disappointment.

The promotion must be struggling as yet another near full page advert in the Times this morning. For the cost, season ticket holder disruption, not to mention the ridicule that will follow some creative head will role.

The promotion must be struggling as yet another near full page advert in the Times this morning. For the cost, season ticket holder disruption, not to mention the ridicule that will follow some creative head will role.

The planning assumptions included sales to people in the North Stand executive boxes that were going in the rebuild. We didn't get enough people on the season card waiting list to extend the North Stand. On that basis, why should creative heads role. Particularly, in the context of the media onslaught against our Club that makes expanding the fanbase (from value gold to corporates) more difficult.

Heads up.....from Etihad Airlines

As a Sky Blue member, we wanted to share some exciting news with you ahead of the 2018 football season. In the next few weeks, a new and enhanced fan experience will be launched by Manchester City FC, with Etihad Airways and Etihad Guest as main support partners.

With that in mind, we have decided to close down the Etihad Guest Sky Blue programme from the end of July. You can however continue to access the 10% Sky Blue discount when booking on etihad.com - simply enter SKYBLUE into the Promo Code box when making the booking. This discount will be valid until the end of 2017.

You can, of course, continue to access your Etihad Guest account, view your transactions, earn and redeem miles as normal. If you wish to log in, please click here.

We will send you an invite to the new Fan program in a few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled. In the meantime, we wish Pep and the team the best of luck in their pre-season tour of the US.

Your Etihad Guest Team

The planning assumptions included sales to people in the North Stand executive boxes that were going in the rebuild. We didn't get enough people on the season card waiting list to extend the North Stand. On that basis, why should creative heads role. Particularly, in the context of the media onslaught against our Club that makes expanding the fanbase (from value gold to corporates) more difficult.

I don't particularly want heads to roll. My comment was an observation on the cost and disruption caused by this development and the outcome if it turns out to be a white elephant. The fact that there is now only just over a month to our first home game and City are taking out very expensive advertising to promote it suggests a so far cool response and uptake. This feature will be launched at this first game which is televised and you can expect Sky to be all over it, a half empty corporate space will be ridiculed.

I don't particularly want heads to roll. My comment was an observation on the cost and disruption caused by this development and the outcome if it turns out to be a white elephant. The fact that there is now only just over a month to our first home game and City are taking out very expensive advertising to promote it suggests a so far cool response and uptake. This feature will be launched at this first game which is televised and you can expect Sky to be all over it, a half empty corporate space will be ridiculed.

OK mate. I am not a fan of the Tunnel club. I think it's bollox but there are genuine reasons why sales are reportedly poor. The world's greatest marketers would struggle to sell this area of the ground out completely if we are keeping the same number of exec bioxes and the prices of the TC are ridiculous.

Thats where they're going wrong as a daily star reader I've not seen a single ad to try and tempt me!

There must be some buyers.

I have (unusually) had the chance to upgrade to Joe's because some of those spaces have been freed up by people moving to the Tunnel Club - well at least that is the reason I was given.

Heads up.....from Etihad Airlines

As a Sky Blue member, we wanted to share some exciting news with you ahead of the 2018 football season. In the next few weeks, a new and enhanced fan experience will be launched by Manchester City FC, with Etihad Airways and Etihad Guest as main support partners.

With that in mind, we have decided to close down the Etihad Guest Sky Blue programme from the end of July. You can however continue to access the 10% Sky Blue discount when booking on etihad.com - simply enter SKYBLUE into the Promo Code box when making the booking. This discount will be valid until the end of 2017.

You can, of course, continue to access your Etihad Guest account, view your transactions, earn and redeem miles as normal. If you wish to log in, please click here.

We will send you an invite to the new Fan program in a few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled. In the meantime, we wish Pep and the team the best of luck in their pre-season tour of the US.

Your Etihad Guest Team
Any idea what that lot means ?? Have you seen the price for the places in there ?

Last edited:
I am pretty sure Gary James highlighted in one of his books how public transport influenced areas of support and probably family ties through generations have led to areas around Hyde/Maine Rd still maintaining a large City support.

I know for myself, as a kid, getting the 211 to Belle Vue and then walking from there or the 53 was quite an easy journey.

Fair play to your late father for all his efforts organising the movement of fans. Hope they never had priority for tickets though lol
I did and it does. Of course City played on border of Reddish and Gorton briefly in 1880s as well. The large estates of Hattersley, Gamesley and surrounding Haughton Green village are predominantly Blue because of the slum clearance programme that wiped away vast areas of Gorton, Bradford etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.