Welcome Douglas Luiz

Seems similar in style to Gundogan

Of all the players that come out of South America central midfield is probably it's shallowest talent pool.

Hopefully not another Zuculini

Never heard of him. But our resident S.American experts on the transfer forum are all to a man in agreement that he is the dogz bollocks. When @rdfporcazzo, @Higor Douglas, and @Divino da Guia all agree a prospect is top class my ears tend to perk up.

I think he'll replace the Ferns and Yaya next year. I don't think he is a. "to be sold" prospect.

And to the irrelevant part: No Tim was right on Dihno being expensive, and was reasonable to conclude the younger, more accomplished and cheaper player was a better deal. In retrospect he was wrong. But not about the expense though.

Douglas Luiz? Yaya will be replaced, and perhaps Fernandinho if he doesn't get a new deal. But i think we'll spend big on a "superstar" midfielder next summer. If this guy does well in La Liga. Perhaps he'll be in the squad.

Hard to tell since he could turn out to be like Gabriel Jesus and adapt instantly. Or like Moreno.....and spend a season being useless.

Made a little video here discussing this signing if anyone fancies a watch.

Sorry Tim.
1MssEK2z.jpg

Welcome Douglas Luiz.

I trust City's scouting team to have done their research on this 19 year old and it will be interesting to hear what the club's development pathway is for our latest South American acquisition.

I also very much like that he has chosen to come to City. Yet another promising player chooses us.

A five year contract shows the confidence City have in Luiz to develop and prosper.

If Monaco and Dortmund wanted him, you know he's going to be good in the future. Those clubs, plus the likes of Porto etc seem to have their scouting nailed. We can't lose with this - either he does so well on loan that he finds a place in our squad, or we make money on him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.