U19 UEFA European Championship - 17:00 KO (BST) Final: England vs Portugal, British Eurosport

Yeah wise decision bringing Nmecha off, make sure he's rested for the flight home..

Has to be said this country has talent just not the pathway, brilliant from the young uns, I am sure we will have Southgate taking credit for it

No one can say England dont have the talent at youth level. We are winning or coming close in every youth tournament now. We are technically better then most teams as well. We just need these talented youngsters to get chances now in their first teams. mason mount in particular looks class

Congrats England u19s !

Has to be said this country has talent just not the pathway, brilliant from the young uns, I am sure we will have Southgate taking credit for it

No one can say England dont have the talent at youth level. We are winning or coming close in every youth tournament now. We are technically better then most teams as well. We just need these talented youngsters to get chances now in their first teams. mason mount in particular looks class

Congrats England u19s !

it's not so much as having a pathway to the first team, it's these lads having the drive and desire to go on, to make themselves better players, every day. To not accept what they've got, but to strive for more. Sadly, most of them won't be able to see beyond next week and will just want the cash to pile up, whilst spending as quickly as they earn it. They get the big contracts, have not been told "no" for the last ten years and cannot fathom how to take the next steps. I'd imagine the vast majority of them will be lost to the game in the next 2/3 years, mainly due to what's lacking in their brains, as opposed to their feet. I've often wondered if they should all have trust funds allied to a weekly allowance, as opposed to just 'getting the cash'?

it's not so much as having a pathway to the first team, it's these lads having the drive and desire to go on, to make themselves better players, every day. To not accept what they've got, but to strive for more. Sadly, most of them won't be able to see beyond next week and will just want the cash to pile up, whilst spending as quickly as they earn it. They get the big contracts, have not been told "no" for the last ten years and cannot fathom how to take the next steps. I'd imagine the vast majority of them will be lost to the game in the next 2/3 years, mainly due to what's lacking in their brains, as opposed to their feet. I've often wondered if they should all have trust funds allied to a weekly allowance, as opposed to just 'getting the cash'?

That last sentence sounds like a great idea.

Well done to all concerned, and especially to Isaac and Lucas. Both of you are a credit to Manchester City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.