TV Series

it's an old doc mate, watched it last year, good though...

Just finished the despised ones, it's a fantastic 4 part documentary, more in depth than I've seen before regarding the whole nwa story to present day... highly recommended!

Just watched it myself. I knew pretty much most of it, including what happened to DOC (they left out other things, mind), but it was good to see footage I've never seen before to make it feel new.

What's impressive about it all, is the single minded drive with it all and the willingness to tear it up and start again.

Brilliant lesson in psychology.

Btw, the Beats story beginning is less than accurate!

Just watched it myself. I knew pretty much most of it, including what happened to DOC (they left out other things, mind), but it was good to see footage I've never seen before to make it feel new.

What's impressive about it all, is the single minded drive with it all and the willingness to tear it up and start again.

Brilliant lesson in psychology.

Btw, the Beats story beginning is less than accurate!

What's the real story then?

I've just watched the creation doc that was recommended and it pretty much mirrors these idealistic, self sufficient label stories, eventually the corporate entity catches up and puts you out of business.

What's the real story then?

I've just watched the creation doc that was recommended and it pretty much mirrors these idealistic, self sufficient label stories, eventually the corporate entity catches up and puts you out of business.

I might not have been clear from my post, but I was talking about the 'Beats' headphones story.

Was clear as day, that's what I was referring to mate...

In the doc, it claims that the two were just trying out loads of companies' headphones to endorse having had the idea of promoting headphones of the blue?! Monster had already approached Dre just to put his name on cans, which is what happened.

Like you say, Monster being the smaller company got bought out of the deal, allowing Dre and Iovine to recreate the headphones using the 'Beats by Dr Dre' tagline, which Monster didn't own (their mistake).

I think Monster got a small payoff from it, but still make the headphones under their own name now.

That's what I remember from back in the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.