2017 Summer Friendlies & Tournaments

Doesn't worry me so much as we usually start strong in the league but think it's good what Liverpool have done playing 2 local away games to kick start pre-season, good for the fans anyway.
I wish we would do that for a change and i'm not a fan of starting a week after everyone else either

I think Pep treats the players like adults and expects them to be "chart" fit before they show up. A few learned that lesson the hard way last season, so I'd expect them to hit the ground running...pun intended...with an extra week with family under their belts.

This season especially will be long and hard, so ramping in is a good thing.

Today's games (Saturday)/Early Sunday Morning

15th July – 11:00 – Western Sydney Wanderers vs Arsenal
15th July – 13:00 – Maidstone United vs Crystal Palace
15th July – 15:00 – AFC Wimbledon vs Watford
15th July - 15:00 - St Gallen vs Southampton
15th July – 16:00 – AS Monaco vs Stoke City
15th July - 17:00 - Chelsea vs Fulham
15th July – 19:00 – GD Estoril Praia vs AFC Bournemouth – (Game played in Marbella)
16th July – 00:00 – Philadelphia Union vs Swansea City
16th July – 03:00 – LA Galaxy vs Manchester United

All KO times are BST.

Some interesting games:
- Arsenals last game in Australia before the Champions Cup in China.
- Monaco vs Stoke! - Like for like match up...
- That lot kick off their pre-season.

Last edited:
Anyone wanting to watch Arsenal you just need to click the link in this tweet (direct link to their site) or go to to their site yourself and sign up (it's free).

Some may already be signed up. I was one of those who signed up to watch our U23's draw 3-3 with them last season.

There are streams for the Monaco vs Stoke game on Youtube if you're struggling to find them.

Monaco team:
Subasic, Jorge, Glik, Jemerson, Touré, Lemar, Meité, Fabinho, Lopes, Carrillo, Saint-Maximin

Stoke team:
Butland, Johnson, Shawcross, Cameron, Pieters, Allen, Fletcher, Ramadan, Imbula, Shaqiri, Berahino

United team vs LA Galaxy:
De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini, Lingard, Mata, Rashford

Probably only missing Lindelof, Maybe Rojo, Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Lukaku.

Half their first team and pretty much their back up team just look bang average. How have they only signed 2 players!

I'm 6 hours infront of BST and picked it up on skynetsports.
Currently 3-0 to the rags against what looks like a Sunday park team.

I'm 6 hours infront of BST and picked it up on skynetsports.
Currently 3-0 to the rags against what looks like a Sunday park team.

Yeah I thought they would be much sharper than us when we play each other next week (they have this game and another before our game), however if this is the standard of team they are playing, then they can't be taking much away from it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.