Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because whether you agree with his big calls or not he's the most successful politician we've had in not only my lifetime, but my dad's too... and arguably ever taking world wars out of the equation.

He's probably also the most talented Prime Minister we've had in living memory.
Blair rode the crest of the wave. A wave that when you examine it closely was more froth than substance. Without spin, he was without substance. His team were incredibly clever in capturing the public mood, and always made the popular decisions, not based on sound economic arguments, but what would yield the largest proportion of seats in Parliament. Ultimately, New Labour pissed the savings up the wall. A large proportion of the public sector growth under Blair's stewardship was PPP which the country will still be paying for long after I'm dead.

Second round of EU talks tomorrow and cabinet members have spent the weekend bashing each other repeatedly over the head with Hammond now accused of 'treachery' over Brexit in the latest leak to the media. This is all reminiscent of the old Soviet Union when senior party figures would suddenly disappear and Pravda would list crimes of sabotage and treachery or in Hammond's case sexism, insensitivity and treachery.

Still it's encouraging to see May has a firm grip on her Govt., and that we stand united before the EU as we chart a new path to glory and...ah fuck it. Can't be arsed.

Back to negotiating over the safeguards to be offered to foreign nationals. I can't help thinking that if takes more than one meeting to sort out what was generally considered to be a non contentious issue, how meetings will be needed when they get down to the really tricky stuff?

Back to negotiating over the safeguards to be offered to foreign nationals. I can't help thinking that if takes more than one meeting to sort out what was generally considered to be a non contentious issue, how meetings will be needed when they get down to the really tricky stuff?
You need to look at it as a wealth-generation initiative aimed at the caterers.

cartoon-818790.jpg

And that's the Telegraph.

Last edited:
Blair rode the crest of the wave. A wave that when you examine it closely was more froth than substance. Without spin, he was without substance. His team were incredibly clever in capturing the public mood, and always made the popular decisions, not based on sound economic arguments, but what would yield the largest proportion of seats in Parliament. Ultimately, New Labour pissed the savings up the wall. A large proportion of the public sector growth under Blair's stewardship was PPP which the country will still be paying for long after I'm dead.

Blair did a fantastic job and your metaphors of "waves" can't hide the facts.

Ultimately the country was in a much better position than 1997 when he left.

The Irag war and the financial crash, the second of which he couldn't have done anything about, are what has tarnished his reputation and something I feel isn't entirely fair.

Blair did a fantastic job and your metaphors of "waves" can't hide the facts.

Ultimately the country was in a much better position than 1997 when he left.

The Irag war and the financial crash, the second of which he couldn't have done anything about, are what has tarnished his reputation and something I feel isn't entirely fair.
Blair did OK.... Right up to the point he handed over to Mr "no more boom and bust" Brown. I seem to remember him "adjusting" his financial rules to suit his rhetoric right at the point the arse fell out of the US Sub prime market. Convent for Brown as it gave him the perfect excuse to hide his total and utter financial incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.