United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your mistake is that, like a lot of rags, you are only capable of viewing football through the prism of Manchester United. Can you not conceive of the appalling arrogance of advising ANY other set of supporters upon how they should set about supporting their club?
Your assertion that our enjoyment of City's revival (and it is a fucking revival) is somehow tainted by the goings-on at Old Trafford is so wide of the mark, as to be borderline delusional. We're laughing our arses off at what's happening to your club.
As for City not being a traditional rival... what can I say? I'm Irish too and I get that the Jedwards of football fans, glory-hunting clowns that support United or Liverpool around this country have fuck all notion about the game bar the ya-boo "banter" that ye consider to be the only true expression of footballing rivalry. It's all ye know. It's all ye have. I get it. Just know that whilst ye are wanking each other off, there's a City fan... or a QPR fan... or even a Leeds or Wolves fan listening, who wholly understand what ye will never know - what it is to support a team that hasn't got a fucking prayer. Ye will never grasp that because ye can't conceive of what we've been through; what we're all about; what supporting a team means.
Trust me when I tell you that I got as much joy out of Shaun Goater scoring a flukey goal in a play-off semi-final v Wigan as I did watching Yaya rampage through Villa or (to coin a reference you might actually understand) Dzeko bang the sixth nail into the coffin at the Swamp.
It's simply not your place to advise any other fans upon how to go about their business and it may surprise you to learn that even if it were, you are supremely unqualified to do so.
Fuck me! This is pure gold and should be a 'sticky!' To you Sir, I doff my cap!

Aw shucks...
th

If they honestly think they only need two more signings then they are kidding themselves

Also, they will have to buy a lot on HG players soon. Assuming their academy doesn't come to their rescue:

Carrick - older than me
Young - not much younger than me
Jones - shit
Smalling - shit
Rashford - not much better

Will they just have 17 top forgien players and not bother with HG players or will they try and buy a few in the next few years?

Rashford, Fosu-Mensah, Tuanzebe, etc are all too young to count for a while yet, but will then all be homegrown, if they remain there.
Lukaku is assoc trained I assume.
Shaw, Lingard will be in the 8.

With the other 4 you mention still there, it's not that pressing a problem for them - they aren't too badly off with 17 +4 assoc trained +1 club trained (lingard) + U21 players.

I don't know if he'll make it to the top but he is definitely more than just pace alone. So far very good player with lot of potential.

He is, but again this season, Maureen will use him very little - same as last season. I keep hearing the media and rags alike claiming that by signing Lukaku they are adding the much needed goals that will fire them to the title... yet all I see is them replacing Ibrahimovic with like-for-like... which means Rashford won't get a sniff most weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.