Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a weird one this, the bookies just don't see it the way we do.

I remain hopeful but something just niggles me that it isn't going to happen, and I certainly hope it's not a transfer that results in Sergio departing.

The bookies were insanely slow to even acknowledge our interest. I put a bet on at the end of May at 6/1, by that time Sam Lee, Mullock etc. had already been putting out that he was our #1 target and Maks Cardenas & Gerard Romero had said it was going to happen. Tolmie, Ahsan and co. had all said it was progressing but the main papers, and any journalist you wouldn't consider a "city" journalist over here seemed to refuse to acknowledge the story and the bookies were the same.

It makes me laugh when rogue supporters of other clubs appear and start mentioning so called history, we won the FA cup, League cup and Cup Winners cup all before Arsenal did and have won the League twice since they last did, so which History are we talking about, old or recent ?

When people talk about history they really mean 1980-2004.

It's a magical time in English football where all history was written.

I can't recall any transfer recently where a player has seemingly agreed personal terms with us and we've ended up sacking him off and balking at a price set from the selling club. Many were wanting us to walk away from Sterling, Stones and Walker as the fee rose and rose but we got them done.

Just feels like even if we have to pay £75m-80m we'll get it done eventually. They always say the hard part is getting the personal terms agreed. If we have the player determined to come to us and Pep has him as his number 1 attacking target it's getting done imo.

Well Pep seems to be getting the full financial support to get his targets in! So the only stumbling block is Arsenal's willingness to sell to us!

If posters from other clubs actually took the time to read up City's history they would maybe have a tad more respect for us than they do.

That's not the way those types of poster actually work though , is it ?

It's much easier to quote the " no 'istory line " as a cheap put down of City and the club's achievements before the " oil money " rolled in.

Personally feel that it is better just to totally ignore them, ( and the media ) and enjoy the current phase the team is in.

Ignorant and stupid people are the hardest to persuade anyway, so why waste time and energy trying ?

Ignorant and stupid people are the hardest to persuade anyway, so why waste time and energy trying ?
never-argue-with-an-idiot-mark-twain-they-will-only-14850003.png

quote-never-argue-with-a-fool-onlookers-may-not-be-able-to-tell-the-difference-mark-twain-47-42-16.jpg

Well Pep seems to be getting the full financial support to get his targets in! So the only stumbling block is Arsenal's willingness to sell to us!

Yeah. I just think we'd have heard more from either City or Arsenal on this if it couldn't happen. One would categorically shut it down and we'd be hearing more rumours of other names bandied about. We could also just go balls deep for lemar if they refused and he would actually be a good alternative. I reckon we've agreed to let them sign Lemar first and then we sign Sanchez at a high price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.