New Dr Who

I think that this should be 'has become a gender neutral role' 'cos when The Doctor appeared in '62, which incidentally took our minds away from City's abysmal showings, nobody would have had a clue what 'gender neutral' meant!

There's no indication at all that the Doctor is male. There's been some fantastic female sidekicks and enemies too.

If I was an actor then being given that role would be a genuine career high. The Doctor is an antihero. Flawed genius in many ways. Jodie Whittaker still had to audition just like anyone else.

Well I'm all for it. At last I can say I'd quite like to bum Dr Who and I've not been able to say that since Patrick Troughton had the role.

fc1d4d73dad2e10612808dbc23b80a4b.png

She's only been in charge of it for a day ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to be controversial here, but have to say it.

Couldn't stand Jon Pertwee.

Good luck to this actor/actress/whatever.

Brilliant casting.

As bold as the first regeneration. The original creator put in his pitch that at one point the character would become female. It's reboots and renews the show an I will watch with anticipation how it fares. If it fails they can always regenerate back to a male.

I am a whovian and felt embarrassed by some of the comments I've seen about it. The premise of the show is an alien that travels in a phone box through space fighting pepper pots and robots with teapot heads, whilst talking to a phallus with a giant eye. And they see a female being cast in an asexual character a bridge too far!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.