The Boxing thread

Billy Joe Saunders' next opponent is named today. A very underrated boxer who has had bad luck with injuries and cancelled fights.

Billy Joe Saunders' next opponent is named today. A very underrated boxer who has had bad luck with injuries and cancelled fights.
Willie Monroe Jr. Very slick boxer who Golovkin destroyed in about 5 or 6 rounds if memory serves me right

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Frampton has failed to make weight. Poor from him, especially having only relatively recently moved up.

Looking forward to Garcia v Broner tomorrow. Hopefully Garcia carries his power up again and smashes him.

Frampton has failed to make weight. Poor from him, especially having only relatively recently moved up.

Looking forward to Garcia v Broner tomorrow. Hopefully Garcia carries his power up again and smashes him.

Yeah shocked me that he missed the weight limit by a pound. I dont generally like to see that from fighters. Makes me thinks he is under rating the boxer he is fighting. I havnt heard much from the people I know about it or if there is more to it or just a bad mistake. I heard rumours but not too sure how true it is and it wouldnt be what I would expect of Carl. Going up but the reason i was given was that he fancies the fight more so with Selby than the fight with Russell Jnr. The thinking is there is more money in that Selby fight and they can have it in the UK or Belfast if need be and get more money from the tv companies. Now this could be bullshit but if Carl wins tomorrow night expect the Selby fight to be announced sharply in the ring or within a week or 2 to build up the fight. With the fight on Channel 5 tomorrow there is going to be more casual fans tuning in and they will start the promotions for the Selby fight from then.
Also I just hope they dont take this fight as a garanteed win as its going to be tricky I feel like Carl wins but there may well be some moments were he will be tested. Also feel that they will be looking for a KO so Carl will be looking for a early stoppage and if it doesnt come it will be a bit of a struggle come the championship rounds. Feel this is a major fight after the Santa Cruz defeat this is huge and him and Shane are tight as a pairing so this is a test of a fight.

Yeah shocked me that he missed the weight limit by a pound. I dont generally like to see that from fighters. Makes me thinks he is under rating the boxer he is fighting. I havnt heard much from the people I know about it or if there is more to it or just a bad mistake.

Its quite a long way to miss it by, which suggests poor attitude / complacency towards this fight rather than a misjudgement.

Tend to agree with you - we may see them announce Selby fight in ring afterwards. Wonder if Selby might not be there though after recent family tragedy.

Frampton fight is off. Guy he is fighting has bust his chin open slipping in the shower or something like that!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.