Can we win the title this season?

Bravo had a very good rep heading into the season and there was a reason he was number 1 at Barca from the season before
We won our first 10 games or so last season and if we could have kept similar momentum up through the season we'd have had a great chance

We would have needed the 2nd highest points total in the history of English football to win the title.

That team were no where near good enough to accomplish that.

We won the first 10 games due to a number of factors, including new manager syndrome.

When we won the league previously we had younger/better fullbacks, fit Kompany, Hart at his best,Yaya at his best and a selection of up to 4 centre forwards who were of great quality.

You only had to look at the bench options last season to see how far our strength in depth had dropped as well.

We would have needed the 2nd highest points total in the history of English football to win the title.

That team were no where near good enough to accomplish that.

We won the first 10 games due to a number of factors, including new manager syndrome.

When we won the league previously we had younger/better fullbacks, fit Kompany, Hart at his best,Yaya at his best and a selection of up to 4 centre forwards who were of great quality.

You only had to look at the bench options last season to see how far our strength in depth had dropped as well.
You make some fair points mate, hopefully everything goes well this season

With Mendy, short answer yes.

I look at our transfers over the past couple of seasons up to now and finally we are on the right track. Look at who we have signed in the past 24 months - De Bruyne, Stones, Bernardo Silva, Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Walker and Mendy. Every single one Bar Walker will increase in value over the next few seasons, being worth than what we paid for them, surely? That makes good transfer business in my eyes.

Look across the city, where the media seem to cast a shining light in terms of transfer activity. Bar Eric Bailly, have united signed any players who are going to increase in value or market price over the next season? Lukaku will not be worth more than 75 million next year no matter how well he does this season, Pogba? Any club gonna spend 90 million on him again? Mata, Blind, Darmian, Fellaini, Rojo, even Lindleof? Not sure sure...

Whoever finishes above City will win the league. 2nd at the very worst for me. Anything less is unacceptable after a thoroughly underwhelming 2016/17.

Chelsea will suffer with the Champions League to play in as will Spurs in their new home at Wembley. Arsenal are falling apart and United are work in progress too. They won pots last season but they're not significant trophies.

It's City's title to lose, IMHO.

We could always replace him with Mbappe. A 100 million bid could see him sold.

If we get the defensive signings in that we are chasing then we will walk it.
Hi Dave did I here right today, with all the defensive problems we had last season we were still 3/4 the best defensive side in the league remarkable when you think of all the shit we had

Hi Dave did I here right today, with all the defensive problems we had last season we were still 3/4 the best defensive side in the league remarkable when you think of all the shit we had

I know, mate. It was daft errors rather than consistent poor defending which cost us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.