Rover/mg metros

They are becoming quite rare now. I know some people hate them. But I was sick of paying daft insurance. I picked one up that had been garaged for years very clean. £160 a year insurance. Let the cussing begin.

Do you mean the old Metro / Rover 100 which is what seems to be causing nightmares on here or the more recent 25/75/MGZS or ZT types?

My first car was a Rover Metro.

Only got it cos it was going for a song off a friend of the family who was leaving the country.

Tbh it turned out to be a good car for me, and the only real problem i ever had with it was a split fuel line driving home from work one night.
Overall i have fond memories from my time when i owned my Metro.

I traded 'up' to an old BMW 320 afterwards which turned into the proverbial money pit, plus i seemed to spend half my time at the police station with 'producers' :)

We had one and it leaked.
The robot must have had s cold that day (if you remember the ads)

The leak in my mate's one was so bad, when he braked, you had to lift your feet off the floor as the wave of water whooshed through form the back footwells. Wells being the operative word.

Quite THE shittest car I have ever had the misfortune to sit in. And that includes a Hillman Imp held together with gaffer tape.

The leak in my mate's one was so bad, when he braked, you had to lift your feet off the floor as the wave of water whooshed through form the back footwells. Wells being the operative word.

Quite THE shittest car I have ever had the misfortune to sit in. And that includes a Hillman Imp held together with gaffer tape.
I remember getting in it one cold morning and the footwells were like an ice rink.

A bloke I used to work with bought a rover 25, despite everyone telling him not to. In the first week he had it he was complaining of poor fuel consumption, and a burning smell during his 40 mile commute. He also had a red light on the dashboard that would't go out.

Yes' you probably guessed; handbrake stuck on.

He took it to the garage to get the brakes done, and the mechanic found a load of other issues with the suspension, including the rear suspension mounts shot to pieces with rust. It worked out cheaper to scrap it.

I had not one but two Maestro's when i was a student. They were so shit it was funny and got broken into so often I couldnt lock them. I got in one of them, I think the first one I had, one Saturday morning and while waiting for the tsunami of condensation to clear off the inside of the windscreen I smelled chips. Looked around and there were 2 empty chip trays on the back seat and paper, with a used johnny on the floor beneath. Someone had sat in my car out of the rain to eat their chips and banged his bird after theyd finished them. Respect.
Was driving along one day and the accelerator pedal stuck down. I couldnt hook my toe under it to stop the car driving itself into the approaching line of cars at a red light and had to hit it out of gear and slam on. Rust had seized it up and it stuck.
I actually closed the drivers door once and the passenger door sprung open, much to the amusement of Kwik Save car park.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.