United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finding this new found love for the granny shagger on this thread to be more than a little disturbing.

haha, it's not love, more a dig to "faithful reds" who gave all kind of abuse to their best scorer ever. And bit of fact - they lost their two best scorers last year, added one striker and somehow we are supposed to believe they are bigger attack threat now.

be careful, the'll unleash all those game of throne actors they're meeting in USA. Julia Roberts could cause havoc too.

Rughead has said that standards have dropped at the swamp and some players are not there for football reasons

I had to keep talksport on for a while for the ranting lol

Rughead has said that standards have dropped at the swamp and some players are not there for football reasons

I had to keep talksport on for a while for the ranting lol

I see his powers of self awareness have not left him.........

I have an awful feeling that they are going to be helped by more dodgy refereeing decisions this coming season - far more than usual.

They sailed a little too close to the wind last season and only qualified for the CL via the skin of their teeth, and that's not good for 'the brand'. The minimum requirement for them, given the money they've spent, should be automatic qualification, finishing 3rd or 4th. Yet another dismal campaign where they finish at their favoured 6th position will not please the money men, and for this reason I really do think we are going to witness even more absolutely disgusting refereeing decisions going in their favour.
Over the years it's become common procedure for the officials to help them - as any neutral football fan will testify. Last season it was as blatant as it always was under the pisscan (Rojo, Swedish cnut, A&E etc). But even that was not enough for them to get a top 4 place. Now, as of today, they are a lot weaker than last season, and everybody knows you can't win games if your only strategy is to stifle the game by having 11 men behind the ball (the Derby, anyone?).

I don't like to be a portent of doom, but I truthfully believe it's going to be far worse than anything that's gone before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.