Brighton away ticket details

As have only just over 12000 points have had to take drastic action and buy a membership at Brighton - managed to get a ticket next to City fans though so better than missing out. May even take in the odd Brighton game during the season.

How much was the membership mate and what stand

The objective is to get in the game.

Anyone prepared to go to the away ground on match day and graft for a ticket would get in, with the possible exceptions of Man U and Burnley.
There is always a way. As you say, you have to graft to get a ticket, you may well pay (way) over the odds; you will probably be sat in the away end. But there is always a way. I've done it, it's not pretty, it can be expensive, but I've always got in. The hardest was Old Trafford when we got no tickets; then Anfield when they had massively reduced allocations.On both occasions I sat in the home end. We lost both games, I paid a bit over face value, but I got in. I'd ask why City can't list the exact details of who gets the tickets, there's clearly an increasing amount being creamed off for corporate, but what do we expect? We're asking punters to shell out ten grand to sit in the "tunnel". They'll want first dibs on tickets. The absolute fairest system would be all tickets sold on loyalty points. None to corporate, none to Supp.clubs, all sold strictly on what you've accrued through following home and away.

There is always a way. As you say, you have to graft to get a ticket, you may well pay (way) over the odds; you will probably be sat in the away end. But there is always a way. I've done it, it's not pretty, it can be expensive, but I've always got in. The hardest was Old Trafford when we got no tickets; then Anfield when they had massively reduced allocations.On both occasions I sat in the home end. We lost both games, I paid a bit over face value, but I got in. I'd ask why City can't list the exact details of who gets the tickets, there's clearly an increasing amount being creamed off for corporate, but what do we expect? We're asking punters to shell out ten grand to sit in the "tunnel". They'll want first dibs on tickets. The absolute fairest system would be all tickets sold on loyalty points. None to corporate, none to Supp.clubs, all sold strictly on what you've accrued through following home and away.

Thanks Johnny tapia. Good post.

I think as a minimum, the Club should guarantee that the majority of away tickets are allocated through the points system. Like you say, a lot of people will have bought corporate tickets on the promise of getting priority for away games so the Club can't end that immediately (however wrong it feels). The Club could end the City in the City farce though.

I was chatting to a couple who sit in Joe's on a way back from a London game last season and they told
me they hadn't got priority for Monaco away. They wouldn't have gone anyway because they don't like standing all game but it shows the Club are not being as generous to the Corporates as I had believed. Tunnel Club and box holders will get the Rolls Royce treatment like you said.

What do you suggest then? Dismiss the old fans who’ve put in years and years of hard miles and who’ve quite properly and at great cost, acccrued the necessary points. With one or two exceptions, those with the greatest loyalty points are those that have been to the most games. And they, quite rightly, should always get first dibs at tickets. I did 5 seasons where I didn’t miss home and away, I’ve done 84 grounds with City, but I’m “only” on 15k points. Why? I stopped doing all the aways. But the lads I used to go with carried on. That’s why they now have 20k points. And why they always get a ticket for every single game, whilst I’ve missed out on a few I’d like to have gone to - last season’s derby for examle. But I can’t complain. It was my choice.

If it was a 5 or 7 year rolling period, everyone who's been to the most games (and intends to keep going) will stay at the front anyway. There are people at the top who have benefited from the introduction of loyalty points coinciding with personal circumstances that meant they could go to the games at that time. It completely has disregarded the people who travelled home and away in the 70/80/90s. On the other end of the spectrum, look at me. I'm early 20s, started going to the games I could do and now have around 13k points. I'd have more, but I was too young to go before the 2010 season. What's it going to be like for my kids when they're 20 and there are people with 40+ years of loyalty points to catch up on? It will make it impossible.

There's no point having this huge family stand if we don't encourage the kids to go away from home as well and all the current system does is encourage points whoring.

If anyone is going then try and miss the urinal when you're relieving yourself at half time. I've never forgiven the bastards for demoting Hereford United in 1997.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.