Alexis Sanchez and Aguero

Why the fuck would we want to sell one of the world's best strikrers who's is in his prime years.
Upped his goal tally with less playing time and increased his work rate in a transitional year for our style of play.

If they are going to be out of pocket to the tune of £50m Arsenal have got to get back in the Champions League asap. Obviously they will be far better placed to do so with Sanchez in the team, as opposed to playing for a rival in direct competition for a top four spot. Its not that much of a stretch to think they will take a gamble and hang on to him.

KUN adapted brilliantly as Pep's style began to bear fruit in the last 10 matches. Why would we sell, even if Sanchez came, which is doubtful at the moment?.

If they are going to be out of pocket to the tune of £50m Arsenal have got to get back in the Champions League asap. Obviously they will be far better placed to do so with Sanchez in the team, as opposed to playing for a rival in direct competition for a top four spot. Its not that much of a stretch to think they will take a gamble and hang on to him.
They had him last season and didn't get top 4

"A bird in the hand..." mate

I tell you what would change my mind on Aguero, if he had a year left on his deal & proved he wanted to go, like Sanchez is doing.

Can't imagine having him around running down his contract then fucking off for nowt, maybe to Utd. Better to sell him & use the cash asap.

Yet many Arsenal fans seem to want this situation with Sanchez. Bizarre.
Hasn't he always said we would be his last club in Europe and he would finish in Argentina, he'll be 31 when his contract is up in two years, wouldn't be surprised if we were to let him leave for Argentina for free then.

Hasn't he always said we would be his last club in Europe and he would finish in Argentina, he'll be 31 when his contract is up in two years, wouldn't be surprised if we were to let him leave for Argentina for free then.

That's exactly what I think the deal is with Aguero.

I think the mystery contract extention is a safeguard against a Sanchez situation. If he wants to go to Argy, he goes. If he changes his mind, he is instantly contracted to City for another year, after which his value will be much lower.

Just my opinion of what's going on.

It makes me laugh when rogue supporters of other clubs appear and start mentioning so called history, we won the FA cup, League cup and Cup Winners cup all before Arsenal did and have won the League twice since they last did, so which History are we talking about, old or recent ?

The only "history" that counts is between 1992 and 2008. But there's a clause that if you are Liverpool, the only history that counts is 1970 until 1992. Hope that helps.

WHAT? He scored more goals last season than any previous one. Or are you referring to his decreased number of tackles made per game?

His conversion rate was not great. He failed to convert many clear chances that he would normally have put away. His involvement in the build-up was also lacking until the final games in the season. The statistics don't lie. Sanchez scored more whilst he is a winger and with Arsenal creating fewer chances. If people want to believe that Sergio had a great season by his standards then fine. But that is an opinion guided by emotion and not facts. Jesus was selected ahead of him for a reason.

I'm also concerned that he seems to have lost that burst of pace that allowed him to consistently gain a yard or two on his man and fire on goal. That was a major part to his game and was one of the attributes that made him so effective. We'll see what happens over this coming season, but I'm not convinced that he'll be here at the end of next summer. There aren't many players that could replace him though (and even fewer that are likely to be "available").

His conversion rate was not great. He failed to convert many clear chances that he would normally have put away. His involvement in the build-up was also lacking until the final games in the season. The statistics don't lie. Sanchez scored more whilst he is a winger and with Arsenal creating fewer chances. If people want to believe that Sergio had a great season by his standards then fine. But that is an opinion guided by emotion and not facts. Jesus was selected ahead of him for a reason.

I'm also concerned that he seems to have lost that burst of pace that allowed him to consistently gain a yard or two on his man and fire on goal. That was a major part to his game and was one of the attributes that made him so effective. We'll see what happens over this coming season, but I'm not convinced that he'll be here at the end of next summer. There aren't many players that could replace him though (and even fewer that are likely to be "available").
Bullshit. Last year he scored most goals he has ever scored in season in his career. And you wrote a fucking novel how shit he has become

+ He also improved his overall game under Pep

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.