Alexis Sanchez and Aguero

I might be somewhat to the right of Genghis Khan on this but I personally feel that anyone criticizing Kun after what he has done for us should have their entrails ripped out.

Let's not go blaming Aguero alone for the lack of productivity. De Bruyne also had a less than stellar season, but had one of the highest assist tallies in the league. Sterling seemed to disappear in matches and Sane is still adapting. Aguero is still a great finisher who finds dangerous pockets of space to work in, but he can't put the ball away if there isn't good enough service to him with a disconnect between the forwards and midfield like this past season.

Im almost certain that people generally go with the most negative narrative at times like this because:

1. its easier to believe
2. if (even when the chances are really really small) it does come true then they can console themselves by saying "we knew it was going to happen so thats ok." Im sure there is some strange psychological concept/name to this but I have no idea what it would be called.

Sergio did have a bad season overall.

I am delighted he's shown he can play the Pep way because now he'll be in our team next season and likely score a lot more goals for us, and we're much stronger with him and his experience in the squad even if Jesus is Guardiola's first choice.

Don't know how you find that so hard to grasp, it's a pretty simple concept.

I think that Sergio is immune from criticism in some people's eyes, because of what he has done for the club since he arrived. I have found it pointless to engage in an argument with such people. They will never accept the reality. It's much more comforting for them to live in a world where Sergio is and forever more remains the best striker in the world.

quote-never-argue-with-a-fool-onlookers-may-not-be-able-to-tell-the-difference-mark-twain-47-42-16.jpg

Im almost certain that people generally go with the most negative narrative at times like this because:

1. its easier to believe
2. if (even when the chances are really really small) it does come true then they can console themselves by saying "we knew it was going to happen so thats ok." Im sure there is some strange psychological concept/name to this but I have no idea what it would be called.
Pessimism?

So Sergio had a bad season. But your glad he proved to pep that he can play his way.

I honestly think you just go from thread to thread trolling people.

One of, or if not the most arrogant fucker on this forum.

Just ignore mate. Some people can't help themselves.

I might be somewhat to the right of Genghis Khan on this but I personally feel that anyone criticizing Kun after what he has done for us should have their entrails ripped out.

its a fucking joke mate. good posters totally chatting shit.

I'll just never understand this viewpoint.

If you can't see that only 9 goals from September to March - 9 goal in 6 months (!) - and think, that was poor from a player like Sergio, what will it take?

On top of that, if you can't see how poor he was at times last season, you obviously can't see the contrast between those lows, and the highs of where he ended up, 15 goals in 17 games, and how if he can continue performing in an all round way like that then he should be scoring 50-odd goals next season and trying to get on the podium for the ballon d'or, not just putting up a solid 20-30 goal season but actually raising his game to the next level.

IMO people who think 30 goals for Aguero is a great season seriously underestimate his potential, and where he should be in the standings of the world best players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.