******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent session for the South Africans. The bowlers have stuck to their plans and have been rewarded accordingly. England, however, have been poor and will have to rethink the opening three and settle on an order quickly. Not convinced that pushing Root up to three is the answer if he isn't as keen to play there.

Cook and Root are the only ones who can't be criticised for getting out. Two absolute snorters of the kind you hope you miss.

Cook and Root are the only ones who can't be criticised for getting out. Two absolute snorters of the kind you hope you miss.

Root did. :-)

Agree with what you say. The towel was very quickly thrown in by some of the others.

South Africa will presumably recall Rabada for the Oval, so England really have to get the top four positions sorted, or they could be going into the Old Trafford Test having to square the series.

Looks like the result is all dependant on who wins the toss, these days. Might as well not bother with the cricket.
Right, you won the toss and the game.

Root did. :-)

Agree with what you say. The towel was very quickly thrown in by some of the others.

South Africa will presumably recall Rabada for the Oval, so England really have to get the top four positions sorted, or they could be going into the Old Trafford Test having to square the series.

Ha, yes. delete the last 'you' and it makes more sense! The SA bowlers are a real handful - I've not seen much of Philander live, but he was superb.

An opening batsman who misses a straight ball early in the morning is a problem, as is a batsman who doesn't seem to move his feet.

Ha, yes. delete the last 'you' and it makes more sense! The SA bowlers are a real handful - I've not seen much of Philander live, but he was superb.

An opening batsman who misses a straight ball early in the morning is a problem, as is a batsman who doesn't seem to move his feet.

A treat to see a bowler stick it virtually in the same place ball after ball, and it wasn't just a question of length but of line as well. Not sure England can go into the next Test with so many left-handed players at the top, as Philander looks to have their measure.

for me the result means nothing other than a loss this summer is to build and setup a team to face the aussies in the winter
the opening pair are miles off and cook is just not playing and a wicket waiting to happen and again the middle order is weak after we lose root

for me we need to bring in hales to open the bat in the next test and even if we drop cook to make him think than we can see if we get a reaction but the winter tour does not look good at the moment

Well looking good for the ashes a bunch of cant be arsed grinding out and putting an effort in to at least LAST THE FCUCKING DAY

Oh and Root as a captain reminds of David Gower as a captain. Still early days though! Oh have a fcucking third man.

for me the result means nothing other than a loss this summer is to build and setup a team to face the aussies in the winter
the opening pair are miles off and cook is just not playing and a wicket waiting to happen and again the middle order is weak after we lose root

for me we need to bring in hales to open the bat in the next test and even if we drop cook to make him think than we can see if we get a reaction but the winter tour does not look good at the moment

Looking at the averages for this series so far, it's hard to envisage Cook being dropped when Ballance and Jennings are so out of sorts.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/1031439.html

Looking at the averages for this series so far, it's hard to envisage Cook being dropped when Ballance and Jennings are so out of sorts.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/1031439.html

i can see where you are coming from but in all 4 innings this summer he looks a dead man walking and not looking to score runs just sit in waiting for the finger the opening pair need to be sorted in the next 5 games this summer and hales will get the chance in the next test with cook but for me root got to open the bat with hales and bring in jason roy and eoin morgan and drop cook give him some cricket at county level to get back to the basics

we are going to need a strong batting line up in the winter and players willing to give it there all when it gets tasty and the chin music starts they will bounce it around our ears from the first ball. i will be having a little bet about the first ball in the ashes being a bouncer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.