Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal don't have a shocking record, they have had Iwobi and Bellerin come through in recent years. I'm sure if Sancho does move, he will move with guarantees for game time in the coming seasons. Pochettino will keep him close to the first team, and I'm sure someone with Sancho abilities will be fast tracked. If he goes to Chelsea, then sure he is braindead and stupid. But for now, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I find it funny how you consistently will criticize Arsenal and Tottenham youth policies, yet still think City is the best place for Sancho. I personally would love Sancho to stay at City and train with the first team this season, the next season after that get some game time in the cups and from there on try to get a place in the squad when he is 19/20. But with our youth record, I'm not sure of that. We are allergic to using our own youth.

Iwobi is now back in the reserves, Bellerin dropped for Oxlade Chamberlin, and those are the first two to come through since....Wilshere in 2009. That's why Arsenal are a shit place for youth players to go, it's why players like Gnabry pissed off to Bayern.

In fact Wenger's questionable development of youth will be something talked about when he finally goes. He's not bad at giving them chances, but once they're in the team they tread water and stagnate until they leave.

Similarly I never criticised Spurs approach but recognise that Pochettino uses them late.

Pochettino will keep him close to the first team

Says who? Based on what? Pochettino didn't have any 16 year olds training with Spurs first team last seaosn, unlike Sancho who was brought into first team training by Guardiola, so explain to me how he's closer to the first team at Spurs?

Iwobi is now back in the reserves, Bellerin dropped for Oxlade Chamberlin, and those are the first two to come through since....Wilshere in 2009. That's why Arsenal are a shit place for youth players to go, it's why players like Gnabry pissed off to Bayern.

In fact Wenger's questionable development of youth will be something talked about when he finally goes. He's not bad at giving them chances, but once they're in the team they tread water and stagnate until they leave.

Similarly I never criticised Spurs approach but recognise that Pochettino uses them late.

Are seriously saying Wenger doesn't develop youth? Bellerin had a bad period where he was rightly dropped and he hasn't progressed. I will use the same argument you used last year, Barca were in for him. He was priority #1 for them. He developed Nasri, and RVP.

Also for your Spurs point, better late than never.

Says who? Based on what? Pochettino didn't have any 16 year olds training with Spurs first team last seaosn, unlike Sancho who was brought into first team training by Guardiola, so explain to me how he's closer to the first team at Spurs?

Just off the fact he doesn't have Sane, Sterling, Jesus, B. Silva and maybe Roberts infront of him. Why can't you understand it is massively difficult for Sancho to get game time when he has 4 (Excluding Roberts) players who have all played on the wings at the highest level. Who does he have infront of him at Tottenham, Son? Those 4 players, are what we have at this moment. With our buying transfer record, we will probably buy a few more wingers next year. You can't blame the kid for running when all he has seen the club do is buy players only a couple of years older than him. He is not well positoned to get game time in 18/19 or 19/20 seasons. Barca didn't go buy the 4 19-21 year olds when Messi was 17.

Are seriously saying Wenger doesn't develop youth? Bellerin had a bad period where he was rightly dropped and he hasn't progressed. I will use the same argument you used last year, Barca were in for him. He was priority #1 for them. He developed Nasri, and RVP.

Ah yes, those famous youth products of Arsenals academy, Robin Van Persie and Samir Nasri.

Just off the fact he doesn't have Sane, Sterling, Jesus, B. Silva and maybe Roberts infront of him. Why can't you understand it is massively difficult for Sancho to get game time when he has 4 (Excluding Roberts) players who have all played on the wings at the highest level. Who does he have infront of him at Tottenham, Son? Those 4 players, are what we have at this moment. With our buying transfer record, we will probably buy a few more wingers next year. You can't blame the kid for running when all he has seen the club do is buy players only a couple of years older than him. Barca didn't go buy the 4 19-21 year olds when Messi was 17.

So based off nothing then?

Bernardo Silva isn't ahead of him, Roberts won't be, and Aguero will be gone by the time Sancho is 20.

At Tottenham he won't play because Pochettino doesn't use 17 year olds, he waits until the kids have developed physically and had a loan or two, then uses them at 21.

Ah yes, those famous youth products of Arsenals academy, Robin Van Persie and Samir Nasri.

So based off nothing then?

Bernardo Silva isn't ahead of him, Roberts won't be, and Aguero will be gone by the time Sancho is 20.

At Tottenham he won't play because Pochettino doesn't use 17 year olds, he waits until the kids have developed physically and had a loan or two, then uses them at 21.

As for the Wenger point, no where did you state you were only talking about Academy products. RVP and Nasri were young players who were developed into elite players by Wenger.

Pochettino uses them atleast at 21, City don't even do that. We send them out on loan and buy young players. Atleast there is a pathway into the first team for Spurs. They have had Harry Winks play games without going on loans, Edwards played in the EFL cup, atleast they are given minutes. What you don't seem to understand is that no matter how bad the situation at other clubs, it's multitudes worse at City.

As for the Wenger point, no where did you state you were only talking about Academy products. RVP and Nasri were young players who were developed into elite players by Wenger.

Pochettino uses them atleast at 21, City don't even do that. We send them out on loan and buy young players. Atleast there is a pathway into the first team for Spurs. They have had Harry Winks play games without going on loans, Edwards played in the EFL cup, atleast they are given minutes. What you don't seem to understand is that no matter how bad the situation at other clubs, it's multitudes worse at City.

I'd suggest you stop wumming. Edwards has played a grand total of 15 minutes in the Mickey Mouse cup and you're using that as an example. Give me a fucking break. Only thing Poch can take credit for is Winks, but this RvP/Nasri bullshit is something else.

Dude just stop, I can't believe you hate City this much.

Only recently has our academy produced footballers who would be worth of being given a chance in our team, now that we are at this level. We have never had players like Foden, Diaz and Sancho who were that good at 17. Spurs won't play anyone under 20 years of age stop using them as an example, and Arsenal played Iwobi then stopped using him. Marcus Edwards is just a poor example, just 15 minutes as the post above me mentioned.

Your whining would have grounds in say 3 years if the situation is the same, then I'd be there with you whining and bitching about the academy, but atm, it's too early to judge and be so pessimistic about it. How many times do you need Pep and Khaldoon to say that those 3 players are in City's plans, the club has never said that about youth players before for so long.

We have never had players like Foden, Diaz and Sancho who were that good at 17.

Lopes was pretty close, and wasn't given a single minute in the league before we sold him (a few weeks after it was announced that he'd been promoted to the first team squad).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.