Tour of USA - Squad

I wonder if the BBC will be re-tweeting our goals on tour like they did for that big-nosed Rag c**t Simon Stone, who is obviously following them. It really pisses me off when the BBC re-tweet Rag's. Obviously down to those those scumbags over at Media City (otherwise known as the Rag's nest).

Slightly off topic,interesting that the rags have been out there about a week already and will have two games under their belts before they play us,be interesting to see the media take on it whoever wins.something like city win pre season Derby with neither team taking it seriously..Utd put marker down and send out ominous warning with win over city in first Derby to be played outside of England question marks over pep and his team ..

I suspect them to of had a behind closed door game or 2 and plenty of training, imo pep would off had a big say in the planning of this tour.. Would like a win myself, friendly or not!!!

Is there an official list? Weird that no Brahim/Sancho are included, Otamendi is sick, Sane/Yaya coming in late.

Guessing Delph will be sold?

Can't wait for Denayer at DM.

Interesting perspective from a fan site, RokerReport

“Looking back, the creation of the Premier League destroyed football in the form in which it had existed for a century. There have been some benefits and not just in terms of new stadia. There is a Twitter account dedicated to “crap football of the 1990s” and it recently showed a clip of a game between Sunderland and Sheffield United in 1990. Leaden-paced players all fail to control the ball as it pings around a scruffy penalty area until someone falls over and accidentally knocks it past an overweight keeper – the Roker End cheers, half-heartedly. It’s not a great advert. Players are undeniably fitter and faster than before and the average standard of football has improved as a result. But Jason Denayer shows us how football has, in fact, got so much worse.

Denayer showed occasional flashes of talent in his short spell on Wearside but generally looked uninterested in what was going on around him. Now he has confirmed that he was fed up to be sent to Sunderland and unhappy to be put in a relegation-threatened team, although presumably not unwilling to collect a lavish monthly pay cheque. It would be easy to focus our anger on Denayer, but he is also a victim of football’s crazy financial structure, albeit one paid beyond our wildest dreams. When he signed for Manchester City he must have assumed that he’d made it – ready for a life with football’s big boys, playing in the Champion’s League and winning trophies. In reality, he was never going to be more than City’s fifth choice centre half, perhaps allowed a couple of games in the League Cup and a place on the bench at home to Hull. In the past, a player of his calibre would never have got near a top four team and nor would top teams have felt the need to create a squad of forty players, most of whom would rarely get a game.

Players like Denayer get farmed out to any club desperate enough to take an untested Belgian with a yearning for the cultural life of Istanbul. They should knuckle down, behave professionally and seek to excel. Occasionally, a loan spell is the making of a player – think Danny Rose, for example. However, all too often a massive, moaning sense of entitlement takes over and we get players in a huff, complaining that their new team are not very good and oblivious to the fact that their lack of effort will be contributing to this situation.

I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling a sense of relief that this season we will be spared from watching the likes of Denayer and might instead see players who are more committed to the cause. They may be technically less gifted than Europe’s elite and more suited to that Sheffield United game in 1990 than to the modern day Premier League, but I’ve seen enough of the Premier League to welcome a break. It won’t last. I’ll be fed up with Championship dross soon enough, but for now I’m looking forward to the start of the season as a welcome return to the past.”

Is there an official list? Weird that no Brahim/Sancho are included, Otamendi is sick, Sane/Yaya coming in late.

Guessing Delph will be sold?

Can't wait for Denayer at DM.
Just to confirm, Brahim is there. Could see him in the getting off the bus video. No Sancho though, at least with the rest of the group.. I wonder if perhaps he's signing a new deal and going off to Girona on loan as well?

Slightly off topic,interesting that the rags have been out there about a week already and will have two games under their belts before they play us,be interesting to see the media take on it whoever wins.something like city win pre season Derby with neither team taking it seriously..Utd put marker down and send out ominous warning with win over city in first Derby to be played outside of England question marks over pep and his team ..
Absolutely and I fully expect united to win and that be the narrative.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.