Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Bit of an update - apparently crew and alsager university closing talks currently on long re a merger with mms and plans for a sports campus to rival anything America has. I can't quite picture that but imagine the impact of 10000 sports mad students living around there and extending the city centre naturally towards the etihad via a young population and better transport. Add to that new residential homes, offices, commercial space. That is the plan. 100 percent.
So the two Olympic size swimming pools,as I mentioned earlier in the thread, could be possible
Something else that was said to me about the pools is that although the Manchester Aquatics Centre is a great facility, it cannot be used for an Olympic Games or world champs as there is only seating on one side
Makes me wonder if the plan is to bid for a Manchester Olympics

Bit of an update - apparently crew and alsager university closing talks currently on long re a merger with mms and plans for a sports campus to rival anything America has. I can't quite picture that but imagine the impact of 10000 sports mad students living around there and extending the city centre naturally towards the etihad via a young population and better transport. Add to that new residential homes, offices, commercial space. That is the plan. 100 percent.

Crewe and Alsager is actually Manchester Metropolitan University the C&A campus is closing in 2019 as it is no longer financially viable

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...metropolitan-university-crewe-campus-12232509

haha! I was just more surprised as he blurted it out that because he lives Manchester way he had stopped in to asda and knew a couple of managers in there and they said now the store was being located as city had finally bought the land and sorted out a re-location package. this guys isn't into football at all and he actually just brought the subject up and said there were big plans for that land and city had finally got it.

He's talking rubbish I'm afraid. Asda have no plans to sell the land or site. I'm a know fook all in football matters but I do know what I'm talking about here

Same with the filling out of the centre towards Salford Quays.
Manchester's chunking out, a victim of a 'feeder'.
Interesting titbit there WW.

He's talking rubbish I'm afraid. Asda have no plans to sell the land or site. I'm a know fook all in football matters but I do know what I'm talking about here

I asked about this last night as well - was told it is not true

Given that they're talking about higher education driving the future development of the Campus, I thought this could be of interest (maybe the first acorn from which an oak will later grow): https://www2.mmu.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2017/16699/

For those who don't want to click the link, Manchester Metropolitan University has announced that it's starting up, for 2017 entry, a course called 'Manchester City Community Football Coaching'. It's a "two-year foundation degree with the option to extend to BSc (Hons)" and will be taught at the Etihad Campus. The degree "will be delivered in partnership with Manchester City Football Club’s foundation, City in the Community ".

Given that they're talking about higher education driving the future development of the Campus, I thought this could be of interest (maybe the first acorn from which an oak will later grow): https://www2.mmu.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2017/16699/

For those who don't want to click the link, Manchester Metropolitan University has announced that it's starting up, for 2017 entry, a course called 'Manchester City Community Football Coaching'. It's a "two-year foundation degree with the option to extend to BSc (Hons)" and will be taught at the Etihad Campus. The degree "will be delivered in partnership with Manchester City Football Club’s foundation, City in the Community ".

Some quite significant changes on my visit this week. Have to say the ground looked beautiful. Lots of Dark blue navy seats which are wider behind both dugouts for the tunnel club in both that immediate block and the back half of the block next to it if that makes sense. (On both sides so is symetrical) Huge changes internally - the dressing room is kind of suspended from ground level into a void. The players have a good 40 to 50 metre walk to the pitch and a number of stairs.

Been informed the north stand will probably start next summer. Also don't be suprised to see more corporate around tier 2 in coming years when we expand again. Dare I say tier two may all be corporate"within 5 years.

Some quite significant changes on my visit this week. Have to say the ground looked beautiful. Lots of Dark blue navy seats which are wider behind both dugouts for the tunnel club in both that immediate block and the back half of the block next to it if that makes sense. (On both sides so is symetrical) Huge changes internally - the dressing room is kind of suspended from ground level into a void. The players have a good 40 to 50 metre walk to the pitch and a number of stairs.

Been informed the north stand will probably start next summer. Also don't be suprised to see more corporate around tier 2 in coming years when we expand again. Dare I say tier two may all be corporate"within 5 years.

So that's the talk of the giant 2 tier North stand completely out the window then?

So that's the talk of the giant 2 tier North stand completely out the window then?

I've heard they're waiting for the decision on safe standing + a general uplift in ticket sales. There are designs kicking about for a huge single tier stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.