Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never saw him play last season, so I had a look through this montage (they're always so favourable). The bit that struck me is the speed at which he can cover the length of the pitch; it comes at 4:55 and he runs box to box like an Olympic sprinter, positions himself, and then wins the header. I doubt any of the other three centre backs we have are as quick as that. Still not sure Guardiola rates him, though.

Never saw him play last season, so I had a look through this montage (they're always so favourable). The bit that struck me is the speed at which he can cover the length of the pitch; it comes at 4:55 and he runs box to box like an Olympic sprinter, positions himself, and then wins the header. I doubt any of the other three centre backs we have are as quick as that. Still not sure Guardiola rates him, though.

Yes he is very fast.

I'm starting to think he could play a role for us. Always thought there was a top player in him. He is working very hard and also said that he learned more Pep in 2 months than in all his time under the previous manager or something like that.

@Neville Kneville and another poster made some comments in the Its Quiet thread that made a lot of sense. It did seem that he was suffering from nerves more so than lack of technical ability in terms of passing. Also played with a Clichy and Demi which certainly didn't help him along with carrying the burden of one of the most if not the expensive defenders in the word at that time. The pressure got to him. He is matured since then played in La Liga and rediscovered some form. Mangala had all the attributes we desperately need at Cb. A physical presence and is quick.

He would be perfect against West brom, Stoke, the rags and other similar teams that park the bus.

Also since the rumors of him possibly signing for a French club, forgot which one, surfaced a while ago there has been nothing about him while players like Nasri, Delph, Fernando, have been linked with many clubs non stop.

Could Pep possibly be thinking about keeping him for the season??

I would prefer we stick with him and spend the money on a goal scorer this window. With Kompany and Mendy next to him along with Walker, I think he'll do much better than before.

There's something about him that I really like. One of those players you just want to succeed and I hope he is given a proper chance.

Yes he is very fast.

I'm starting to think he could play a role for us. Always thought there was a top player in him. He is working very hard and also said that he learned more Pep in 2 months than in all his time under the previous manager or something like that.

@Neville Kneville and another poster made some comments in the Its Quiet thread that made a lot of sense. It did seem that he was suffering from nerves more so than lack of technical ability in terms of passing. Also played with a Clichy and Demi which certainly didn't help him along with carrying the burden of one of the most if not the expensive defenders in the word at that time. The pressure got to him. He is matured since then played in La Liga and rediscovered some form. Mangala had all the attributes we desperately need at Cb. A physical presence and is quick.

He would be perfect against West brom, Stoke, the rags and other similar teams that park the bus.

Also since the rumors of him possibly signing for a French club, forgot which one, surfaced a while ago there has been nothing about him while players like Nasri, Delph, Fernando, have been linked with many clubs non stop.

Could Pep possibly be thinking about keeping him for the season??

I would prefer we stick with him and spend the money on a goal scorer this window. With Kompany and Mendy next to him along with Walker, I think he'll do much better than before.

Reading this article in MEN, it would appear his days are maybe numbered.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ews/man-city-pep-guardiola-transfers-13372166

Reading this article in MEN, it would appear his days are maybe numbered.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ews/man-city-pep-guardiola-transfers-13372166

Hmm well see. Just find it strange there has been absolutely no news linking Mangala to other clubs recently.

If we do sell him, I think we should be looking for at least 20m, their is good player in him, would be a revelation for many midtable and under clubs. We should hold our ground on his valuation and not sell him for peanuts.

This guy definitely deserves a chance in a working team. Instead of splashing out more money on a 4th CB give this guy a season to show what he can do in this team. Hes not absolutely awful that hes a liability and who knows he might do well but and increase his value if he is to be sold later on anyway.

I will be surprised if we get a fee for him, same with Bony, Nasri and Hart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.