William Carvalho

So possible interest in carvalho although seems divided on people wanting him,throw in the fact that apparently peps brother is his agent I hope this isn't the reason we are being linked with him rather than for a footballing one..

I think we can rest easy.

One of our resident ITKs after speaking with a Pep connected journo said this is 100% not happening.

Don't see him as a massive upgrade, they perform different roles for a start, albeit in the same position on the pitch. I think we have more use for a player like Fernando than Carvalho but if Pep doesn't then so be it.

The main issue though isn't whether he's an upgrade on Fernando, with our current squad and positions that need filling we have to assume Fernando won't be in the squad when the squad lists are confirmed so there's nobody to upgrade on. Carvalho would be taking up a spot that's either earmarked for a fullback/attacker(sanchez) or he'll be taking the spot of somebody else in the squad, and i don't see anybody else that's expendable and certainly not for Carvalho. that's the issue here.

Bravo
Ederson
Kompany
Otamendi
Kolarov
Yaya
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Silva
KDB
Bernardo
Sane
Jesus
Aguero
new lb
new rb
new forward

That's how our foreign quota stands right now, completely full with space set aside for 3 key signings and no Fernando. How do you fit Carvalho into that?

Not that it will happen but with Alves not happening that "new RB" could just be Fernandinho becoming the backup RB or Maffeo.

Bloody hope this is right
It looks like it is. And to be honest Arsenal have needed a player like this for 10 years. Wenger stubbornly refused to buy a defensive midfielder. Maybe missing out on CL for the first time in 20 years has sharpened his critical faculties.

It looks like it is. And to be honest Arsenal have needed a player like this for 10 years. Wenger stubbornly refused to buy a defensive midfielder. Maybe missing out on CL for the first time in 20 years has sharpened his critical faculties.
Wasn't Xhaka bought to fix this?

this guy was most comical player I've seen on last EURO. Let's pray it's Arsenal.

Xhaka?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.