Ross Barkley

Nothing player..What's he good at exactly?
Not a prolific goal scoring mid,not an assist king, can't recycle the ball quick enough,can't pick a pass,not a destroyer mid and definitely will never be a regista..Below average in most aspects.
Championship level player fortunate to be playing in the PL with his level.He'd boss it in League One though.Would hurriedly sign a 6 yr deal on 100 k a week at Everton as it as high as his level will get.

I can't believe the numbers of people saying we should sign him. Simply speaking he will never be good enough as a no10 or AM to hold a place in our team. This below sums it up well. We should stay well clear.

No. For a start, they're entirely different players. Barkley is an off the striker number 10 that vanishes in any other position, doesn't do enough out off possession and his manager has gone on record saying so and even dropped him for it. He needs the entire team centred around him to be useful and quite frankly he's not even remotely close to being good enough to warrant that in our side. And then there's the issue of us having 3/4/5 maybe even 6 players that can play in his position better than him in our squad already. Delph plays centre midfield, there's only really Fernandinho in the squad like him and his versatility could be useful in a number of positions for us.

Slightly off topic but we do tend to massively underestimate some of our players if they don't fit our system or aren't quite good enough to demand a starting berth. Bony is considered as bad as Barry Conlon by many on here despite being the most prolific striker in the league prior to us signing him and stupidly asking him to do a role that clearly doesn't suit him. Fernando has been slated from day 1 because we didnt see him sliding into tackles a dozen times a game when he was actually very good at his role, it's just his role isn't required in a Pep team. There's plenty more and Delph is one of them too. His issue is that he isn't an automatic starter and can't be relied upon to be fit when called upon. A player with that kind of injury record needs to be guaranteed games when he's fit otherwise he'll never play. Similar reason to why Wilshere spent last season on loan at Bournemouth.

no thanks. or buy and loan to girona lol if we buy mid level english players and ship them out of the league we can force worse players onto our rivals rosters. could be a genius move.

I'd be really disappointed if we spunk that kind of money on someone who's only pretty good, just because he's English.
Said the same about Sterling and Stones, as much as I like them now they are here.

I really hope that starting this year Pep starts filling these homegrown positions from the academy.
I'm encouraged so far from what has gone on preseason with the first team. I would put Foden's vision and technique and overall play well ahead of Barkley's TBH.
I know Barkley has done it for the past couple of years and Phil might never, but If he does take to the PL like I hope he does, then I would take the likes of him or Diaz over Barkley any day.

Sancho would be nice, but if he wants out, so be it. Only keep those that are totally committed to the cause.

Until they are 22 they aren't going to fill our HG quotas.

I think hes the english player whos created the most chances. its a no brainer for me. apparently spurs see him as a dembele like player and i think he'd be awesome in that role. yaya and fern are getting older and we can't rely on them and gundogan is always injured. for 20m its a no brainer for me. young, enlglish players with lots of potential.

If we can upgrade Delph for 8 million then it makes sense. Otherwise I would be happy to wait a season and make CM our focus for next summer.

He only became any good when Everton fans didn't have Jack Rodwell to big up as the next best player ever. If he goes, they'll tout someone else (Tom Davies) as the best player ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.