The 100/104 goal chase

Aguero hasn't had a major injury since 2015, and he scored 15 in his last 17 games.

20 league goals last season despite being pretty crap for 6 months of a 9 month season, during which he scored only 6 league goals in 15 league games and he was suspended for another 4.

Now he's worked out what Pep wants and how to do it, breaking the goal scoring record of 31 is very much in reach, especially with the supporting cast he'll have around him.

Rotation, injuries etc - It's a gamble obviously, but that's why the odds are 50/1.
Good luck with it and I hope you win.

IIRC we were more direct in the first half of the 2013-14 season when Negredo was on top form alongside Sergio.
I believe we can only match it if Pep starts Sergio and Jesus. I know we'll get goals from many others, but we need two classy finishers to beat 102 PL goals.

IIRC we were more direct in the first half of the 2013-14 season when Negredo was on top form alongside Sergio.
I believe we can only match it if Pep starts Sergio and Jesus. I know we'll get goals from many others, but we need two classy finishers to beat 102 PL goals.
Didn't Toure score over 20 goals that season too?

Just spotted that Sky Request a Bet have added city to score 8 or more goals in any match at 12/1. Bit rubbish imo.

I think some are underestimating just how hard it will be to score 104 goals. 2.7 goals a game, or 11 goals every four games if you want to round it to a full number is no easy task. Just 1 game where we fail to score and suddenly you need a big 6 goal game just to stay on course. We also don't really seem to have that killer ruthless instinct to go for big 5/6/7 scorelines like we did in Pellegrini's first season. If we're 2/3 up we tend to coast the game, and just maintain possession and preserve energy.

I think some are underestimating just how hard it will be to score 104 goals. 2.7 goals a game, or 11 goals every four games if you want to round it to a full number is no easy task. Just 1 game where we fail to score and suddenly you need a big 6 goal game just to stay on course. We also don't really seem to have that killer ruthless instinct to go for big 5/6/7 scorelines like we did in Pellegrini's first season. If we're 2/3 up we tend to coast the game, and just maintain possession and preserve energy.

Pretty similar to the point i made at the weekend with a pal, under Pelli and Bobby Mac we would carry on attacking and scoring against a bewildered team, but Pep will (probably rightly so) make changes once we are 4 or 5 up and rest/rotate players which will somewhat stifle the pattern and see us coasting, rather than going for the jugular and blasting teams out of sight....

Hope I am wrong mind :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.