Celtic Thread 2017/18.

That's because Celtic draw their support from 4 sources. How many millions of supporters?

Eire.
Northern Ireland.
Scotland.
Glasgow.

Compare that to City, where the vast majority of our support comes from Manchester and across England to an extent.

The demographics speak for themselves.

So in theory, Celtic should be wiping the floor with City attendance wise. But that always hasn't been the case.

Then you have to factor in trophy success. Imagine Celtic going 34 years without a trophy. Etc.

And our nearest local rival is probably the biggest and most famous club in the World(I feel sick), bar Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Put all that together and even you must appreciate how well our support and fan base has stood up and stayed loyal over the years.

Even now, along with the 'Emptyhad jibes' started by United, City are still pulling well over 50K for home games. (and with the right prices, another stadium expansion, which doesn't look like it's happening now, City could pull 60K at home, or close to that)

I have always respected City's fans turning out in the shit times. We have a huge support but that's not enough. Bournemouth have more money than us ffs!

I get the distinct feeling that Celtic are fairly happy to be the only serious title contender each season in Scotland. A sizeable percentage would probably like to play their homes in Dublin, or Boston USA.

Funny how distinct things can be total bollocks.

Ffs give it a rest boys why city supporters are concerned about Celtic baffles me,for me they don't even register on my radar just like the other side of Glasgow nobody outside of Scotland,N and S of Ireland give a fuck ..

The guy just gets used as a soundboard for frustrations about Celtic, which isn't entirely fair given that he comes on here and doesn't really mouth off about any of the stuff people are digging for....hes hardly on here giving it the tiocfaidh ar la.

I suspect some of it comes from political or dare I say it, nationalistic prejudices. Sometimes you can smell it in a post but it shouldn't come near a football forum.

Isn't calling a club's whole fan base "Vile Provo loving scum." as stupid and sectarian as the section of wankers who do similar following Celtic?
Good afternoon @Magicpole, ignore the fan counters and the - my club is better than your club crowd.

Isn't calling a club's whole fan base "Vile Provo loving scum." as stupid and sectarian as the section of wankers who do similar following Celtic?
Good afternoon @Magicpole, ignore the fan counters and the - my club is better than your club crowd.

I will. :)

Every team has people following it that decent people look at and say what the fuck are you doing?

Tragically for every club it's these wankers who get airtime.

Anyway, I am big and handsome enough to deal with frustrations and even hatred.

I'm a Glaswegian ffs! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.