Why Isn't This Real Madrid Team Talked About On The Same Level As Pep's Barcelona?

There is no real style to their football, they'll beat you by hook or by crook.

With Pep's Barca you knew how they were going to play, what they were going to do, and you just couldn't stop them.

RM played supremely last night and passed Utd off the pitch. Technically and mentally suprior. If we're being honest the better European teams can do this with ease and always have been able to. The EPL is the most "exciting" league in the world but it isn't the best - and that's because every team can win on the day, no match is a foregone conclusion. Isn't it time we addressed this glaring disparity in skill - it would make a huge difference at International level too. I'm a Blue (City) and I'm sort of expecting Pep to do this with City but he looks as though he's going to do it with foreign players. Pochettino is the only one using his YA and he deserves credit for it. Failure to win the EPL is not the end of the world for Spurs though so he's in a fortunate position. But if Spurs can do it why can't we with all the money that's been invested in our academies?

The competition hasn't been as good.

Pep's Barca at its peak would tear them a new one imo.

Why is football so poor these days? we need to ask questions with all the money in the PL and abroad. There should be 4 or 5 teams like Real Madrid in this case.. money has been wasted and the blame game has to start with serious questions about recruitment..

or isn't there the depth of World Class players spread out like there was in the 90s and early 2000s? it seems like 1 or 2 clubs stockpile all the best players these days and don't share/spread the wealth/star player.. kind of boring !

The money in football isn't matching the Star Power or Quality. More money needs to be invested in developing footballers and Grass Roots to get kids playing football outside (and not on the Playstation), to bring through the next Messi.

There is no real style to their football, they'll beat you by hook or by crook.

With Pep's Barca you knew how they were going to play, what they were going to do, and you just couldn't stop them.

This! Real are decent but still a notch behind that Barca team. For about 2-3 years nearly every game was full of perfectly executed attack. It did not matter who they were facing as soon as they got the ball and you saw Mesi, Xavi, Iniesta all start to move forward there was a real chance they would score.

I would be worried as a defender with Real all running at me but that Barca team i'd be thinking 'ahh ffs man, it is every 2 minutes this' as well as not being able to get near Messi anyway, it would be a shit day at work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.