Chelsea 2017/2018

Chelsea boss Conte wants to sign Danny Rose. Mirror.

He can want it as much as he likes, it'll never happen. They have a full back crisis already now both Trippier and Rose are out and I think the game against us showed exactly how weak their system can be without the pace Walker/Rose used to provide. Plus I think they have been surprised by how much better we have looked with new full backs and won't want to strengthen a rival again for a long time.

Chelsea's first eleven is obviously strong, but it's crazy how thin their squad depth is.

Four defenders for a back three, no cover at either wing back and just three centre midfielders.

Their signings so far have all been an upgrade on their replacements IMO, but they need more otherwise I think they could be in a little bit of trouble this season.

Chelsea's first eleven is obviously strong, but it's crazy how thin their squad depth is.

Four defenders for a back three, no cover at either wing back and just three centre midfielders.

Their signings so far have all been an upgrade on their replacements IMO, but they need more otherwise I think they could be in a little bit of trouble this season.

I completely agree. I think Conte is underestimating how important Costa was for them last season as well. I don't see Morata scoring or assisting as much as Costa did in the league and with the added European games and their lack of depth they could really be in trouble. Still think they'll finish top four, mind.

On Sunday there was 24 players listed in their squad including Costa and a good 8 or 9 of them will never get close to the first team. They've barely got enough first team players for a starting line up and subs bench.

Shocking state of affairs for the defending champions.

On Sunday there was 24 players listed in their squad including Costa and a good 8 or 9 of them will never get close to the first team. They've barely got enough first team players for a starting line up and subs bench.

Shocking state of affairs for the defending champions.

Does anyone think Abramoviches impending divorce many have anything to do with not spending?

I can honestly see them slipping out of the Top 4. Costa is a massive loss, both Morata and Batshuayi have never been a regular starter before and scored with consistency. They both seemed incapable of holding the ball up against Arsenal and linking up with the midfield.

Their depth is shocking, just look at the team without Hazard now; Willian and Pedro are decent but nothing close to Hazard. Fabregas can create goals but he's starting become less mobile and isn't great in a midfield two.

They are growing a habit to fuck things up after winning the title comfortably.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.