The Harry Kane Team 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Levy pleading poverty doesn't cut it. Spurs are one of the wealthiest clubs in Europe with revenues not that far behind us. They are bigger than all the Italian giants and in the top twelve richest clubs in the world. Their owner Joe Lewis is as rich as Abramovich. They bank at least £150m from TV a season. Their problem is their much-lauded business model is just about raising more money for their super rich shareholders (Levy himself is the best paid chairman in the league). If they wanted to they could easily invest more in the squad. It's their own fault they were too slow developing White Hart Lane. They should have done that 15 years ago. They are just conning their own fans. I am not going to slag the Spurs support. I think some of their more sensible fans (just like Gooners) are beginning to see they have been taken for a ride. It's easy and convenient for Levy to blame City for their own poor management. Forget the media myth. It is not a well-run club. They have been underachievers for decades...just like us under Swales.

Last edited:
Still cant get my head round that someone earning 40k a week feels unpreciated because another player is earning 60k or 80k a week... i mean, fuck me, 40k a week , A WEEK! A FUCKING WEEK!

Yep. Rose presents himself as the thinking man's footballer but he is just as disconnected from reality as the rest of them.

(he might have a good career in the media though)

A player moaning about not being paid enough who signed a new improve contract last season I can't take seriously.

The best thing about that is that it's us that have set the ball rolling by signing Walker. The fact that he's earning twice what they are will unsettle some of them.
I hope they get picked clean just like Monaco have been this year.

We'll take Alli and Alderweireld next summer when they drop out of top four.

:-)

Still cant get my head round that someone earning 40k a week feels unpreciated because another player is earning 60k or 80k a week... i mean, fuck me, 40k a week , A WEEK! A FUCKING WEEK!

It's daft amounts of money i agree and i'm not sure it looks too great him coming out and saying this in the press, but at the end of the day I don't see why Danny Rose or anybody else would happily put up with being paid half the industry standard for somebody of their talents. It's all well and good us looking up at him and proclaiming "shit, £40k A WEEK!" By the same token, Danny Rose is probably looking up at the likes of Luke Shaw and Nathaniel Clyne, seeing they're on almost twice as much and saying "Shit! NATHANIEL CLYNE! £70K A WEEK!"

Levy should probably take this as a wake up call that you can't get away forever with telling potential suitors that your players are worth £50m-£100m but then only paying them the salaries of players valued at less than half that. He'll have a much bigger problem on his hands next time around when it's Harry Kane or Dele Alli making the same point.

Spurs are a rich club and there's no reason why players should have to offer their services at way below market rate whilst the owners pocket the rest. If they were a community run enterprise with an amazing ethos then i can understand why people might accept a lower wage to be part of it, but from what i can see, they're just a club that wants to compete at the top but do it on the cheap. It's not sustainable and to be honest, by choosing to stand still like they have they're about to blow the best chance they'll have for years at elevating themselves to the next level.

Like I said, no ambition at that club. Levy needs to splash the cash, keep some players, make them an attractive club to stay at.

Spurs can't afford the wages City or United can pay. Lack of cash should not be confused with lack of ambition.

Anyway if Rose wanted a pay rise it was not a great interview. Rose is gone. Dead to Levy and Pochettino now.

Spurs can't afford the wages City or United can pay. Lack of cash should not be confused with lack of ambition.

Anyway if Rose wanted a pay rise it was not a great interview. Rose is gone. Dead to Levy and Pochettino now.
Danial Levy is a very rich man with a lot of clout behind him, I dont accept they are poor, even if they are they are on the cusp of something big, borrow the money from one of his other ventures, pay the big wages, keep the players, then the stars like Kane wont want to leave..... He will be gone in a couple of seasons too if they dont win him anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.