Wilfried Bony - gone to Swansea official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being funny.... but it is a job.
I know, but the other guy said that it's about pride and all that stuff. My point is that that's not the case for every player. For some, it's just a job. They happened to be good at something and are making money off it, just like the rest of us. No place for pride and passion there.

Yeah, I think some people hugely underestimate the difficulties we have in getting rid of unwanted players. It's easy to bemoan the number of "loan with an option to buy" deals we do, but that's just the reality when you pay higher wages than most. It's going to be difficult to arrange permanent deals for Bony, Nasri and Mangala this summer.

A loan is better than them staying, though.

I agree it's incredibly difficult to move them permanently but I'd think Pep just want them gone, be it loan or sale.

I agree it's incredibly difficult to move them permanently but I'd think Pep just want them gone, be it loan or sale.
If we can't I'm sure they can do a job in efl Cup or vs bottom league teams. Give big players a rest

Yes but we need at some point to make a stand against these sh*tty loan deals where we end up paying a large chunk of the wages. Think some players are taking the right royal piss out of us and will make zero effort to seal a permanent deal with the prospect of a wage cut. Time to call the bluff of some of these guys....

Yes but we need at some point to make a stand against these sh*tty loan deals where we end up paying a large chunk of the wages. Think some players are taking the right royal piss out of us and will make zero effort to seal a permanent deal with the prospect of a wage cut. Time to call the bluff of some of these guys....
How?

By not playing them and letting them rot. If they wont move permanently run the contract down doing nothing. We lose little as we would pay their loan deal anyway. This way though, other players will take the first deal that comes along when its time to sell them. ( unless theyve got wayne bridges dna )

When he signed for us it was reported that his basic salary was £100k pw. He negotiated a deal which paid him an extra £20k per appearance.

By not playing them and letting them rot. If they wont move permanently run the contract down doing nothing. We lose little as we would pay their loan deal anyway. This way though, other players will take the first deal that comes along when its time to sell them. ( unless theyve got wayne bridges dna )

That won't happen because we are decent employers. In any event in most such cases where the player had done nothing wrong other than to fail to live up to expectations (e.g. Bony) the player would be entitled to terminate his contract and would have an action for a large settlement. Despite the ludicrously high salaries, footballers are still employees entitled to the benefit of employee legislation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.