United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
GPC could have walked in 89, and the Rags could easily be languishing in the lower leagues like Oldham or Rochdale. They would be nothing but a stain on the history books.

250267889-dont-doubt-david-man-who-held-ta-ra-fergie-banner-backs-moyes-bring-manchester

anybody got that youtube video where the manyoo fans in asia were in a bar watching the game, saw themselves win, then the tv went blank, we were still level, then when they got it back on, it was just after Sergio's goal?

All this talk about transfer fees and clubs spending I came across this
Since they last won the league the rags have spent aprrox 740 million in transfer fees
In comparison weve spent 50 mill less

I don't think any of the top 6 club owners realized how much top class players will cost come the end of this transfer window. If a club needs 3 top class players and 1 superstar to put in a real PL or CL challenge, they're looking at an approx. spend of 300 million or more ! And, if the superstar is available the price will be driven up as the top ten throughout Europe will be after him.

I just don't think the scum or Barca or Madrid can or will invest that much in the coming seasons, so as they lose Messi, Saurez, Ronaldo, etc. and our young first team players gel, they'll be the ones trying to catch up.

I just can't see the scum being a realistic competitor to us in the next 5 years and i think in 2 years we will take over as the best club in Europe as Barca & Madrid lose their older superstars.

Has it really ever looked better for us blues and worse for the scum?

I don't think any of the top 6 club owners realized how much top class players will cost come the end of this transfer window. If a club needs 3 top class players and 1 superstar to put in a real PL or CL challenge, they're looking at an approx. spend of 300 million or more ! And, if the superstar is available the price will be driven up as the top ten throughout Europe will be after him.

I just don't think the scum or Barca or Madrid can or will invest that much in the coming seasons, so as they lose Messi, Saurez, Ronaldo, etc. and our young first team players gel, they'll be the ones trying to catch up.

I just can't see the scum being a realistic competitor to us in the next 5 years and i think in 2 years we will take over as the best club in Europe as Barca & Madrid lose their older superstars.

Has it really ever looked better for us blues and worse for the scum?
Churchillean that last part

The BBC red button news of this last night pointedly ended with the paragraph

" none of the money raised will go into Manchester United itself " - Lol....... just confirming that they are being milked dry.

It is a bit of a non-story, unless it's viewed as "do the Glazers need cash, or is this standard behaviour for companies". Stone will be unable to see that option though.

The Glazers own X million shares in the club. They're selling some, in the same way CFG did to Chinese investors. There is no reason for that money to go to the club, and it would be against FFP anyway.

The Utd shares are in two parts. huge numbers of junk shares with insignificant voting rights, and a much smaller number of shares with far more voting rights/ They're selling the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.