Expected Goal

So all the other strikers had an outstanding season, where as Aguero performed to expectation

I only see this as a positive because it's highly unlikely all will perform well above what is expected again

Does my 104 goal target bet look unlikely?
Depends how you interpret this. Think it means he scored goals that would be expected to be scored given the circumstance. That's very different from 'performed to expectation'. If you are a world class forward, wouldn't you expect to score as many 'half chances' as gilt edged one?

Depends how you interpret this. Think it means he scored goals that would be expected to be scored given the circumstance. That's very different from 'performed to expectation'. If you are a world class forward, wouldn't you expect to score as many 'half chances' as gilt edged one?

I would have thought that if you were a world class forward then it would be expected that you score goals that are half chances

#confused

No disrespect to the OP who is only reporting this but what an absolute croc of shit things like this are!

Sadly an extension of the Football Manager/FIFA playing fans that now think they know everything there is to know about the game and players and where 90 mins is played on paper and expressed as a stat!

I agree with the article; especially the bit about Aguero's expected goals.
Although he scored many he missed a lot of very good chances and I think he underperformed last season which is also, in part, due to the lack of competition he had for a lot of the season playing up front.

A striker playing for City these days will get a huge amount of chances and not converting them caused us a lot of problems when we were hit on the counter (and conceding from 'expected saves'). With Jesus and the chase for either Alexis or Mbop, pep is addressing the problem, and should we get one or the other, I think whoever has that 104 goals target we should achieve this.

Chances created should improve (Sane has more experience and bernardo and quality full backs coming in) and expected goals conceded should reduce (ederson and better full backs) which

I think we're gonna win the lot! ;)

According to this; if Aguero performed to a similar level as Kane or Lukaku, he'd score about 32 goals. The potential for us to score A LOT of goals is there; our front players are just far too wasteful and seldom create something out of nothing like Harry Kane always seems to.

Stats overkill. I'll just watch the football and watch whether they miss or score.

I would have thought that if you were a world class forward then it would be expected that you score goals that are half chances

#confused
That was my point. He didn't score goals that were half chances last season, or if he did they were cancelled out by the number of sitters he missed. Hence his ratio of actual goals vs expected goals was relatively low.

No disrespect to the OP who is only reporting this but what an absolute croc of shit things like this are!

Sadly an extension of the Football Manager/FIFA playing fans that now think they know everything there is to know about the game and players and where 90 mins is played on paper and expressed as a stat!
No offence taken, my take on it was that it just confirmed what we saw with our own eyes. Most clubs use this stuff extensively these days which suggests they believe it is worthwhile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.