We've got enough....

Must admit, I think we are short a defender or two. If we play a back 3 a good percentage of the time we need at least two in reserve for injuries and rotation. If Tosin is going to be one of those, great, he should get plenty of minutes next to the senior players. But we still need another.

I'm a bit unsure about fullbacks too. I suppose Sane could play lwb with a back 3 (though he's yet to impress there) and dinho can drop in from time to time, but having only 3 sounds like asking for trouble. One gets injured and we have no fullbacks to come in an rotate, let alone on the bench.

This all comes down to how much pep rates stones,otamendi and mangala. I think we know his opinion of mangala. If we pulled off a miracle and got Sanchez and mbappe then Sergio and Sterling would be bit part player and foden may as well go on loan.Sign a couple of defenders and be done with it. We should win the league as is but kompany staying fit is the obvious concern.

complrletely disagree with the OP.

1. We are one injury to Kompany away from a very shakey defence.....ottomendi is a headless chicken ( the number of times he goes to ground early even in pre season games...im suprised pep hasnt pulled him for it). Stones: as good as his distribution is his defending one on one isnt strong enough yet

2. Ilky - an injury to him and we are relying on an ever aging Yaya who while still one of the best midfielders going, in high tempo games the ball starts to bypass him a little.

3. an injury up front to sergio
people are presuming that GJ slots in seemlessly...he is a fantastic player but all young players have dips in form...he will have one at some point....im not sure why people are thinking that sterling is suddenly going to become a natural finisher as this is historically the worst part of his game.... sane showed glimpes as well last season bit was still inconsistent and its clear from peps comments that he doesnt believe we have enough either
i think we are short a central defender, a central midfielder and another goal scorer...we have clearly targeted a centre half in the past and also a centre forward....
so what happens if Aguero isnt injured? we just leave another world class striker on the bench?

We also have fernandinho and danilo who can play in midfield.

It's not enough. on sheer numbers, we're seriously lacking and that's already including the kids that went on the pre-season tour with us. We urgently need another striker and another left sided fullback/centre back should be acquired. If we don't get them in, we'll be fine when everyone is fit but as soon as injuries/suspensions start to mount we'll be gluing together a makeshift team. Central midfield is the only area we're well stocked
Really? If we get another striker who do you leave out?

Unless Sanchez is available I'm pretty happy with the current squad. Foden, Brahim and Tosin should all be given a chance to integrate into the side this season.

More deals.
Out, in or both?
I would assume that any more outgoings, perhaps with the exception of Nasri, would have to be replaced with an equivalent number of incomings. As others have said, a couple of injuries up top, or at the back, would leave us well short of mòùnťiñg a serious premiership challenge, in my view

Guardiola's confirmed at today's press conference that there "will be more deals".
Plural, interesting, I think we need another defender and could use another forward.
A further defender beyond thst

Really? If we get another striker who do you leave out?

Unless Sanchez is available I'm pretty happy with the current squad. Foden, Brahim and Tosin should all be given a chance to integrate into the side this season.

we don't leave out anybody, we add to it. Working on the basis that only Mangala stays from the supposed outcasts and the kids stay too, we've still got 1 foreign spot available and 1 home grown if Delph goes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.