Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bye bye coutinho.

Obvious ploy from Liverpool to make coutinho out to be the bad egg. I imagine he had already handed his request in before Liverpool came out with their statement.

Pretty sure Ben Woodburn is better than Coutinho anyway.
Well they've got a left back now so Jimmy Milner will slot straight into Coutinho's role.

They've got some threat up front (although Firmino is massively overrated) but their midfield is distinctly underwhelming and their defence is poor. Even if they get past Hoffenheim the CL group stage will wipe them out.

Suarez, Sterling and now Coutinho. None of which you can begrudge them wanting to leave.

Liverpool are on the same level as Spurs so unless they start paying the big bucks, winning and showing the ambition these players are leaving for they can't complain too much and should simply try and recoup as much money as possible (Of which they have done previously).

Klopp must be frustrated but he knew what he was getting into when joining the club...

Liverpool do pay big wages and still players leave. The problem is Liverpool Football Club. Other clubs can resist big offers? Do we see Sanchez in a City shirt, Dier holding a United scarf above his head or Mahrez being paraded around the Stadio Olimpico? Of course not. And if we do in the future, the deal will be done behind closed doors without the type of ludicrous statements from Liverpool FC and Klopp put out for the cult and their friends in the media.

Big Stand FC

..amused me when I read it on some internet post earlier :)

Any player who wants to leave the dippers never leaves amicably that club hangs you out to dry: Suarez, Sterling...Coutinho the Liverpool way..

An idiot from redandwhitekop said:
Agree with this. But the way to get around that is to offer higher wages to attract those players.

I think Our wage bill is considerably lower than those above us in the table. There's probably some connection there and why we struggle to challenge at that level consistently.
Liverpool's wage bill was higher than City, Arsenal and Spurs last season. They already pay silly money to retain bang average players and yet their fans are utterly convinced that they're playing for the love of the club.

Bye bye coutinho.

Obvious ploy from Liverpool to make coutinho out to be the bad egg. I imagine he had already handed his request in before Liverpool came out with their statement.

My take is that he's made it perfectly clear he wanted to leave, but wanted to go nicely after seeing the way others have been treated.(sterling) he made it clear publicly that he wanted to leave amicably, Liverpool have refused this, so to try and push it through he has handed in a transfer request. I think they will refuse it, knowing full well it a season before a worldcup so he will play, and play well. he'll be gone next summer. Liverpool will see themselves as the big winners in all this because they are a deluded cult, full of ****s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.