Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think Rodgers is just about the loathsome character in football. I'll never forget his ranting s about the referee being from Greater Manchester after a defeat to us and the double standards applied when he leant on Southampton to get Lallana claiming Southampton shouldn't stand in the way of a players ambition whilst squealing like a pig when Sterling wanted to come to us. To quote the original Sir Baconface I wouldn't sell him a virus.
All that said it appears the club has a relationship with Celtic with other loans and sales, and it makes me wonder why with that prize cock at the helm. He was vitriolic about us whilst he was at the dippers and he still chooses to persue a City player via the media. I'd tell Roberts to sort out a move to anywhere but Celtic.

Celtic chief executive Peter lawwell's son works for us as Scouting information and content manager , but our ex Academy director Mark Allen is Rangers new director of football so we have a foot in both camps. The right one at Ibrox presumably.

A loan to Celtic is not ideal, he developed there yes but now he needs one more push in a tougher league where he will not have as much space as the SPL, or stay in and around the squad which can happen if no forward is bought (which I hope is the case).

His preseason is unfair to judge him on considering Aguero and Jesus scored no goals in 3 games (they didn't play great until the last games), and Roberts was put in a 3-5-2 system that is unfamiliar to him.

He is very much a RW who likes to take on his man, destroyed Blind, and playing RCM in the 3-5-2 doesn't work for him. The one game against United where we play 4-3-3 he had to defend as a wingback most of the time as the squad didn't have enough of the ball. My hope is he can fit in as one of the strikers (RS) in the 3-5-2 who can drift to the right side and cut in and that he has impressed enough in preseason to give Pep reason enough to keep him.

About time Celtic put up or shut up ,if they want Roberts then its the £15m he is worth with a buy back clause , but you would seriously have to question Roberts ambitions if he returned to Scotland to play his football , its probably Championship level football. If Roberts wants to progress he needs to loaned to another premier league club or a la liga / Serie A team to improve his game and gain the experience , if he goes back to Scotland it will be like shooting fish in a barrel , its only August and Celtic have already won the league.

I concur on end it soon. As for a step backward, that remains to be seen. VVD, Forster, Wanyama Larsson didn't seem held back. And we haven't won it yet, but we are playing tonight, it's on BT, and if we score enough we also win the cup.

If we get into the CL I hope we get another English club again. Show you what we are made of. Again.

I concur on end it soon. As for a step backward, that remains to be seen. VVD, Forster, Wanyama Larsson didn't seem held back. And we haven't won it yet, but we are playing tonight, it's on BT, and if we score enough we also win the cup.

If we get into the CL I hope we get another English club again. Show you what we are made of. Again.

Remind me again just how many wins you managed in the group stage last year? As for the players named above that's 4 dotted oasis in a desert landscape, I have no axe to grind with Celtic or Rangers, sectarianism and Rogers apart but Roberts if true that he wants to go back is showing either a complete lack of ambition or being badly advised

Remind me again just how many wins you managed in the group stage last year? As for the players named above that's 4 dotted oasis in a desert landscape, I have no axe to grind with Celtic or Rangers, sectarianism and Rogers apart but Roberts if true that he wants to go back is showing either a complete lack of ambition or being badly advised

We were in the strongest group. We should have beaten Gladback over there and made an arse of it at home. They had invested £120m we spent £8m. We need to be realistic but if we get there again and we get Roberts we are better than last year. Ntcham will help too. If we retain Dembelle and Griffiths, Sinclair keeps up his form and Rogic and Armstrong take up where they left off we will give a good account of ourselves.

I guarantee you that.

If we were to finish our window without Sanchez, Mbappe or similar, surely Roberts could end up a key figure?

If Aguero or Jesus were to be injured, Sterling would likely be pushed forward meaning Roberts could get an opportunity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.