North Korea vs USA

About 44% of UK exports in goods and services went to other countries in the EU in 2016—£240 billion out of £550 billion total exports.

David Lidington, the Justice Secretary and Lord Chancellor, said even a “big new trade deal” with the US would not replace the benefits of being in the EU single market.

Completely the wrong thread for this but do you really think we will stop selling stuff to all the eu countries but carry on buying stuff from them regardless of the single market

Nobody wants a war and Trump isn't doing or saying anything a litany of POTUS before him have. The only difference is the media are trying to get him out so take every opportunity to make him seem like some sort of maniac. His words have literally being US policy for at least 20 years.
Yes I have a good laugh when I remember that time Obama was goading North Korea on twitter. Or was it MySpace back then?

Nobody wants a war and Trump isn't doing or saying anything a litany of POTUS before him have. The only difference is the media are trying to get him out so take every opportunity to make him seem like some sort of maniac. His words have literally being US policy for at least 20 years.
We don't need the media to point out anything about Trump. You only need to look at his Twitter feed or listen to him speak to know he's a fucking maniac.

Oh right, globalist Top Trumps. How entertaining this must be for you.

I suppose shouting LOOK OVER THERE is easier than accepting any fault for the hundreds of millions of people [hl]you've directly caused[/hl] to fall into despotism.

Me? I'm not that "despotic!" Making it all a little personal, aren't we?

And, are you saying before or after the Empire? Do you want to discuss slavery, Africa, the Middle East or the Commonwealth penal colonies first? Maybe you prefer to discuss appeasement requiring American intervention?

Nah, let's just be Brexit friends, now that Britain no longer has any in Europe!

As for the entertainment value, I find none in comparing the death and destruction wrought on the globe by the high functioning "democracies" of the world. However, neither do I find the humour in forgetting one's own past in favor of the flavor du jour "baddies," either. There is probably enough shit to go around, but with one country creating plenty and another constantly trying to fix it or keep a lid on it, I'd quit while I'm behind.

I don't believe you believe a word of what you just said. And, if you do, more's the pity!

Last I checked, using such incendiary language on Twitter and in impromptu remarks to journo questions while you're at your own golf club is not the manner in which the last 5 or 6 Presidents have communicated their feelings about global thermonuclear war. Maybe someone needs to sithim down in front of his phalanx of TVs and put War Games on for him! Question is, will he understand the game of Noughts and Crosses (Tic-Tac-Toe)?!

Just saw a collection of video clips where Trump said one thing off the cuff, then one of his Cabinet Members said theopposite in a press briefing within a few hours of his comments. It is like following a puppy around with a roll of paper towels and Lysol!!

While US Presidential policy will always be, as defined in his Presidential Oath of Office, to defend the United States, the manner, tone and language of the communication of that ideal has been, in the politest terms I can muster, "unique."

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

How about a nice game of chess?

Last edited:
I don't believe you believe a word of what you just said. And, if you do, more's the pity!

Last I checked, using such incendiary language on Twitter and in impromptu remarks to journo questions while you're at your own golf club is not the manner in which the last 5 or 6 Presidents have communicated their feelings about global thermonuclear war. Maybe someone needs to sithim down in front of his phalanx of TVs and put War Games on for him! Question is, will he understand the game of Noughts and Crosses (Tic-Tac-Toe)?!

Just saw a collection of video clips where Trump said one thing off the cuff, then one of his Cabinet Members said theopposite in a press briefing within a few hours of his comments. It is like following a puppy around with a roll of paper towels and Lysol!!

While US Presidential policy will always be, as defined in his Presidential Oath of Office, to defend the United States, the manner, tone and language of the communication of that ideal has been, in the politest terms I can muster, "unique."
I'm not disagreeing with much of what you've said on this topic. In fact, I've mentioned the "Empire" myself.

People often look to America as the sources of all evils, such as slavery. They neglect to remember Britain only outlawed slavery in 1807. Yes it was before America. But America was barely 30 years old at the time and younger if you account for the fact that they were still fighting for their Independence at the time. America has done things wrong. But they have done things right as well. As far as nations go America is still like a teenager compared to many countries in Europe. Big, strong and in a grown ups body but doesn't know everything just yet. This is where maybe we agree?

As far as the language and the stance being taken against the Norks, I was young when Reagan was president. People said he was a mad man and would end the world as we know it because of his stance against the U.S.S.R. It kind of worked out...

I'm not disagreeing with much of what you've said on this topic. In fact, I've mentioned the "Empire" myself.

People often look to America as the sources of all evils, such as slavery. They neglect to remember Britain only outlawed slavery in 1807. Yes it was before America. But America was barely 30 years old at the time and younger if you account for the fact that they were still fighting for their Independence at the time. America has done things wrong. But they have done things right as well. As far as nations go America is still like a teenager compared to many countries in Europe. Big, strong and in a grown ups body but doesn't know everything just yet. This is where maybe we agree?

America has plenty of warts, but to point to it as some kind of unique country that has caused, or is causing, all the world's problems IS the problem!

As for slavery, wonder where all those boats full of Africans came from?
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/slavery/pdf/britain-and-the-trade.pdf

As far as the language and the stance being taken against the Norks, I was young when Reagan was president. People said he was a mad man and would end the world as we know it because of his stance against the U.S.S.R. It kind of worked out...

Too bad Gorbachev is not in charge of NK, and Perestroika is not the theme of the day! Oh, and Trump is no Reagan, either!

If Trump is a climate change denier and mistrusts the fake media, is it possible he doesn't believe nuclear weapons do a lot of damage?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.