Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

Happy with that...3 points and solid start to the season. Think a Sanchez signing would be the icing on the cake for this squad!

'We are a strong club'

Brighton 0-2 Man City

18c44f8f-e824-4f4b-bb6b-dad259f741f9.jpg

Manchester City

Posted at19:44
Man City boss Pep Guardiola told BBC Sport: "We had chances in the first minutes. We have controlled the counter-attacks and we didn't concede one chance. We are going to improve the way we attack.

"I was very happy with the new players. I want to say thank you to the club. We have huge players with lots of talent. Big congratulations to all the people in Manchester City - we are a strong club.

"I want to continue with what we did in the last three games of pre-season. We were stable but we have to try to improve. The most important thing was to win the first game."

Happy with the clean sheet, they were always going to be difficult to break down, can't see them playing that way every week or they're going straight back down. I was mega impressed with Walker. He's a real speed merchant. His game will get even better under Pep. Clean sheet! Should have been 5 or 6 so we need to be more clinical with our chances.

Still lacklustre around the box, lovely to watch for a bit but it all got samey.

Plusses .. Walker. Looked good. Silva and KDB. Class as usual. Clean sheet. Kompany full match.

Negatives...Danilo left back/ wing back is not the answer.

Overall 6/10. Good start, something to build on. Not getting too carried away as Brighton had nothing to disturb us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.