It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks fuck we got our business done early, and that we don't need too many in the way of forward players, the market has gone fucking mental.

Going to take approx £100/120mil to get Coutinho and Dortmund want over £100mil for a guy they bought last season for circa £15mil, Mbappe potentially in the region of £150mil - all fucking madness.

All these teams like Tottenham, Scum, Arse etc are fucked now, they want to get decent players as bargains late in the window and it just isn't going to happen now, lmao.

Thanks fuck we got our business done early, and that we don't need too many in the way of forward players, the market has gone fucking mental.

Going to take approx £100/120mil to get Coutinho and Dortmund want over £100mil for a guy they bought last season for circa £15mil, Mbappe potentially in the region of £150mil - all fucking madness.

All these teams like Tottenham, Scum, Arse etc are fucked now, they want to get decent players as bargains late in the window and it just isn't going to happen now, lmao.

I know where they can get an international midfielder and striker for about £13m each...

Unless we have some really good plan C's. I can't see us signing anyone. Mbappe and Sanchez seem very unlikely. And as for CB. Can't think of anyone we'd go for. Unless we suddenly decide to go for Van Dijk or Laporte. Which seems unlikely.

He unquestionably has his strengths Mangala, but that propensity to hesitate or panic under pressure would be a real concern, as we saw yet again in that pre-season game against West Ham when he got mugged from behind receiving a short pass from the keeper. Where he might be useful is against lone fliers like Rashford or Vardy, whom he totally owned in a 0-0 at the King Power 2 years ago

I'm sure I saw someone say words to the effect of you can't learn composure but I disagree. You can work on controlling your emotions and also on the things that effect your emotions; if you want to. You can improve your reading of the game. I know from the many years that I played in goals at the very lowest of levels (i.e. recreational) that my positional play improved with experience - I never had any coaching but I never stopped trying to learn.

As you say, there are certain players that he is made to mark (Costa is another oft quoted example).

As for the incident you mention in the Hammers game, Ederson should have pumped that one down the park but receiving the ball under pressure and dealing with the situation is something you can practice over and over in training. The turn and spin Mangala did in a prior game shows that he has skills.

Like you, I'd rather just go and buy VVD but my faith in Pep means that I think he can get the best out of Mangala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.