Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

We played ok and did the job when not everyone is fully fit. The three worked ok, it just needs a bit more dynamism in the centre to make yourself and option rather than just hoping to be found, or else use the winggbacks more and actually give walker a ball behind that he can run on to.

There was a lack of good quality final balls to create chances, but when it's congested like that we are always going to meet that.

Can't complain for a first game of the season though. Effective and progressive.

Jesus' 'goal'? It was handball. I don't know how it was spotted but it was the correct call. Harsh to give a yellow though.
No, the one in the 2nd half

I will never understand how fans of any team can possibly be unsatisfied after a win.
i want to see City win and have fun too. is this a bad thing to want? i have never had as much fun watching them play since the 11-12 season. there was no talk of 10 man defense or anything like that hindering us back then, we just arrived and rolled teams over. i want that feeling back. shouldn't be that hard of a task for the manager who supposedly coaches the best attack in the world, no?

i want to see City win and have fun too. is this a bad thing to want? i have never had as much fun watching them play since the 11-12 season. there was no talk of 10 man defense or anything like that hindering us back then, we just arrived and rolled teams over. i want that feeling back. shouldn't be that hard of a task for the manager who supposedly coaches the best attack in the world, no?
giphy.gif

Totally unrealistic,watch more games

So when we scored over 100 goals and won the league under Pellegrini you were sat there not enjoying yourself were you? Or maybe you've just become a spoilt brat, as we had plenty of frustrating games in the 11/12 season that you have clearly just forgotten about

just what I thought many would think... stop taking last season into this one... we have new players and a more mature manager this season... we will win lots more game than last season because Pep now knows the league better and because we have better players playing to our style!

Yaya should be playing these games. Fernandinho was holding us back in possession. So relieved with the win though, on to the next game.

We got the job done, but on another day we might not have, and people are still wound up by the number of games we had following that template last season that ended in draws or defeat.
Exactly and for me this season feels differently , more strength and depth in the squad , think Pep will have learnt a hell of a lot from last season and wont want us making the same mistakes , very happy with our performance today

Yaya should be playing these games. Fernandinho was holding us back in possession. So relieved with the win though, on to the next game.
I dont agree... Yaya would not change our game today... and ferna was not at fault for our ball tempo ...

Good game overall and I'd say it was a 6.5/10 performance. My concern is not really about we missing sitters but that I thought our attack lacked a little more dynamism needed to get the job done more easily. Overall it was a decent performance. Hope we smash Rooney and company. Let's also not forget that we failed to win Everton in the league last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.