Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

Well, we made hard work of it, but eventually our class told.

Great finish by Sergio - how many times have we said that over the years? - and some great performances, especially in defence, but Merlin and KdB were both well off with their passing.

Still, a win's a win and I'm sure we will see many of our opponents copying Brighton's tactics.

Walker my MotM.

I think 70% of our games will be like that. It's just the way it is now. The new norm for us.

Well, we made hard work of it, but eventually our class told.

Great finish by Sergio - how many times have we said that over the years? - and some great performances, especially in defence, but Merlin and KdB were both well off with their passing.

Still, a win's a win and I'm sure we will see many of our opponents copying Brighton's tactics.

Walker my MotM.

How did we make hard work of it

i want to see City win and have fun too. is this a bad thing to want? i have never had as much fun watching them play since the 11-12 season. there was no talk of 10 man defense or anything like that hindering us back then, we just arrived and rolled teams over. i want that feeling back. shouldn't be that hard of a task for the manager who supposedly coaches the best attack in the world, no?
No, because in that season teams were far less defensive against us. We got one chance to counter all game and we scored it.

Should have been 10......

Perfectly work goal to finally move the bus... How there fans can applaud them parking the bus at half time beggars belief....

Happy Birthday Mario Balotelli Legend never forgotten...

Only gripe Jesus Yellow card for accidental handball yet their player stopped the ball with his hand yet nothing given...

For most of the match they couldn't. We totally dominated possession.

They could have tried to press higher up but then we all know what would have happened if that was the case.

They were happy to sit back and defend with 10 men, and we were more than comfortable keeping possession and trying to drag them out of position.

It might not be pretty on the eye but keeping possession and playing a patient game is what we will see much more of this season. It reduces the risk of the counter-attack and tires the opposition out. I expect to see the majority of our goals from the 75+ min onwards this season due to this fact.

It regards to us not being a "good watch", it takes two teams to make a classic. When we played the Dippers last season and we drew, that was two sides going all out for the win and that breeds entertainment. Even in the 6-1 at the Swamp, the fact United didn't shut up shop and defend allowed an more open game which we took advantage of.

According to Brennan on the MUen we played more like Barnsley than Barcelona..ffs over 70% possession and never looked in any trouble.
I don't think we were fantastic but we were definitely far and away the better team.
Never easy playing at promoted clubs early in the season.... very happy with the 3 points and a clean sheet too.

The key thing for a team like City on first weekend of the season is not to be on the end of one of the freak results that always occur.

Like in preseason, impressed again that we seem to have upped our pressing game.

I do not understand that perspective ever. Hoddle the **** said "they've been fantastic without the ball they just need to get it right with the ball" that's called playing football glen ffs Brighton were hoping we fucked up and tried to steal a win. That's their prerogative but they shouldn't be applauded for it.

The key thing for a team like City on first weekend of the season is not to be on the end of one of the freak results that always occur.

Like in preseason, impressed again that we seem to have upped our pressing game.
Man City boss Pep Guardiola: "We had chances in the first minutes. We have controlled the counter-attacks and we didn't concede one chance. We are going to improve the way we attack.

"I was very happy with the new players. I want to say thank you to the club. We have huge players with lots of talent. Big congratulations to all the people in Manchester City - we are a strong club.

"I want to continue with what we did in the last three games of pre-season. We were stable but we have to try to improve. The most important thing was to win the first game."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.