Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe went to leave his girlfriend and look for his dogs..
o just is a UTD-troll

Last edited:
Let me ask you something though. I think you're after an out and out goal scorer to play through the middle and stick chances away. While Sanchez is an amazing player, he's not really that total central striker that I think you need.

What do you think would have been a better move in the long run, 50m for a 28 year old Sanchez, or 50m for a 26 year old Lacazette, a regular 30 goal a season striker?

I'm not asking this because we've got Laca and I'm trying to make myself feel better, it's a genuine question as I think Laca would have stuck away quite a few of the chances you had at Brighton today as he has the highest conversion rate in Europe, nearly 20% higher than Sanchez.

I just think maybe you're looking in the wrong direction to solve your goal scoring frailties.
I appreciate you're only trying to make yourself feel better but you're pissing in the wind. We don't need an out and out goal scorer - go off Aguero's minutes per goal, goals to chances ratio, your own eyes and tell me we do; we missed a few chances last season and probably 2 good ones today, so, although a few of our fans have got deja vu, I'd need more evidence than the first game of the season to suggest we have 'goal scoring frailties'.

As for which is the better move for £50m, you tell me - the market says Lacazette's worth 50 on a full contract and Sanchez is worth a similar amount with a year left - haven't you said Sanchez is worth £100m in today's market? You talk about Lacazette being a regular 30 goal a season striker after 1 game in the premier league - meaningless and bizarre to even suggest that, or that he's even in Sergio's league. Maybe we need a player to create a 'higher ratio' of better quality chances or some other bollox? That man could be Sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.