Leroy Sane - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This 352 does him no favours, but I also can't see where he fits into this formation in an attacking sense as he isn't comfortable playing inside.

Didn't he sometimes play off the striker at Schalke? And excelled in that position, I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Never would I or Lorey have expected him to be playing as a touchline hugging winger. Shows he's unselfish & committed to City & Pep because other players of similar ability would throw up a fit.

I'm not actually sure he is the right player for the way teams like Brighton will force us to play. He's not really world beater without space to run and we'll have many of games like this. I think he'll find himself on the bench many times this season and if Sanchez comes, he might get bit worried.

Sterling is much more lively than him in this setup.

I agree completely. Love Sane but he needs space to make his run and dribble at speed. He is not a Ribery, for example, who can beat his man just straight-up dribbling past him

I agree completely. Love Sane but he needs space to make his run and dribble at speed. He is not a Ribery, for example, who can beat his man just straight-up dribbling past him
Agreed that he's no where near as skillful as Ribery - however, he often times is able to beat his man from a stand still. He'll use his pace to put the ball past a defender and then run onto it. He actually does this quite often.

I think we are going to see the best out of Sane this season in the 433/4141 with him as an inverted RW/RM. We now have Walker/Danilo to keep the width out wide and lets him cut in on him on his left foot to be ready to attack the net. Him at LWB is just a waste, but he's shown he is willing to do whatever Pep asks of him to the best of his abilities.

I really hope he gets a chance to play off the right this season..i think he would be so much more natural running at players on that side cutting on to his left foot dribbling at players,shooting etc..

I really think pep is missing a trick playing him on the left he just doesn't look natural there to me, and seems to struggle unless he's got space to run in too against teams that open up when we hit em on the break he looks fine and has scored a few goals this way..against teams that sit everyone behind the ball (most prem teams) he seems to struggle...i feel most wingers work better of the opposite side so it frustrates me to see him every game play on the left :( lol..only problem is Bernardo plays off the right and sterling seems to of found his position there too I'm sure sterling and sane could swap sides now though with the fast full backs we have now providing width.

Sane looked inhibited by his defensive duties, and not very good at them either ,I think the game situation confused him as he didn't know wether to attack or just keep possession, lets hope he has better days in a 4-3-3 or even the good old 4-4-2 where his objective is clear ,to attack

This is still the one kind of player we lack, a straight up dribbler.

Chelsea has Hazard and the Brazilian
United has Pogba and. Martial
Arsenal has Sanchez
Liverpool had Coutinho
Tothenham has Dembele
Butbww don't have any senior straight dribbler.

This guy seems to be getting lazier every time I see him. Hopefully he gets his finger out soon. He doesn't bother making runs which would stretch the other team, takes the easy option most of the time and once in a while decides to dribble with the ball. He obviously has talent but needs to attitude to go with it. He should also never play LWB, gets exposed time and time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.