Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

The ball hit is arm from a distance and his arm was not particularly close to his body.

Silva may have been marginally offside but it's very tight and I'd like to see a freeze frame with a line drawn on that proves a part of his body with which he could score was in advance of the last Brighton player when the pass to him was made. I've not gone back and studied it but my initial impression, and I could be wrong, was that Silva's arm might have been what was offside. However, we won so it's not a big deal but it has nothing to do with my optical wear's tint; its effectiveness is another matter.
His arm was by his side and the force of the kick moved it backwards. Never an intentional hand ball.

I thought Silva was level for the disallowed goal though

That pass to Kun was the epitome of flawlessness.

Didn't think it was Spanish Dave's best game, especially early on, but his stats do make your Scouse friend look like a Ronald McDonald wannabe:

101 passes attempted
94 completed
93.1% accuracy
5 chances created
1 assist
Bet he wished that Coutinho had stats like that yesterday

His arm was by his side and the force of the kick moved it backwards. Never an intentional hand ball.

I thought Silva was level for the disallowed goal though
Think he had time to move his arm out of the way, so it's a penalty for me, can see why the ref could decide his arm wasn't in a unnatural position, bit of a grey area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.