Llorente for Bony?

None of them can be a realistic option from open play. As far as stooping to united's level is concerned well sometimes you have to win ugly, i would rather go for a ugli win than looking pretty for 90mins . We did seem a bit short of ideas before the first goal and posters in the match thread were comparing today's performance with last season. With parked buses infront of us and 2 strikers that dont offer aerial threat its not a bad plan B by any means. Afters today's match teams at the lower end especially will use brighton's tactics as a template. We do need a 3rd striker that offers a aerial threat whether its lorente or someone else
Not that I'd want Llorente, but you're correct. Look at what we needed in injury time in 2012 to draw level... look what we miss when we get into great positions and put in great crosses and have a team of midgets...

Look at Falcao at his best at Porto and Atléti; the best header of the ball I've ever seen and he's barely above 6' tall, Les Ferdinand was similar, so doesn't have to be a big striker just someone who can head it

Not that I'd want Llorente, but you're correct. Look at what we needed in injury time in 2012 to draw level... look what we miss when we get into great positions and put in great crosses and have a team of midgets...

Look at Falcao at his best at Porto and Atléti; the best header of the ball I've ever seen and he's barely above 6' tall, Les Ferdinand was similar, so doesn't have to be a big striker just someone who can head it

Not really a fan of lorente aswell but there is no doubt that we do need a striker with aerial threat. One advantage of lorente is the fact that he is 32 and might be content with playing the role of 3rd choice striker and a super sub of sorts.

We won 2-0. We didn't have any need for a plan b. We ground them down and our quality shown through without having to resort to long balls in the box hoping for the best. utd winning ugly has seen them finish below us for the last 3 years and I suspect the next 3 at least.
I'd rather us stick to our principles and have faith in the way we play. We are a lot better set up to succeed this time around than we were last season.

Mate be honest with yourself and tell me if it didn't make you feel even a little bit like last season before aguero's goal ? Secondly i am unable to get my head around why we shouldn't have a plan b that involves having a player with aerial threat? it wont make us a bad team it will just give us another option to exploit and to use aerial threat one doesnt have to hoof long balls in the box, one can also do that by getting to the by line and crossing into the box which both mendy and walker are very good at. We are set up better than last season no doubt but we still need a plan b when parked buses become hard to break down

Mate be honest with yourself and tell me if it didn't make you feel even a little bit like last season before aguero's goal ? Secondly i am unable to get my head around why we shouldn't have a plan b that involves having a player with aerial threat? it wont make us a bad team it will just give us another option to exploit and to use aerial threat one doesnt have to hoof long balls in the box, one can also do that by getting to the by line and crossing into the box which both mendy and walker are very good at. We are set up better than last season no doubt but we still need a plan b when parked buses become hard to break down
Honestly? I never doubted we would win the game. I knew that Brighton were going to tire because that's what happens when you are chasing the ball for an hour or more. They had already made a couple of errors before the breakthrough and I expected more. I also had confidence in our forwards to deliver, that's because they have done more often than not over the last few years.
I just don't buy into this idea that we should go out and get a big lad up front who will only play the odd time we've not broken teams down. Who would be willing to sign for us in those circumstances? Anyone we are likely to be in for will need to be able to play in a certain way, which is why we're looking at the likes of Sanchez and not Llorrente or keeping Bony.
If and when teams park the bus I'm confident that we won't make the same mistakes as we did last year. We keep Aguero and Jesus fit and we will score more than enough. That's my honest opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.