Everton 2017/18

Doubt it, after vitriol they give us for spending money they must be mortified at spending this much

Money bags Everton hey offering 40m for Sig from Swansea and they turned it down!

Bet Everton fans are loving this and Liverpool fans worried.

Are Everton classed as having new owners? If so they can spend what they want for 3/4 years if they have a plan of being sustainable

I think those are UEFA's revised FFP rules. As far as I know, the Premier League's FFP rules haven't changed much if at all but in any case they were weak as fuck anyway with allowable losses over rolling 3-year periods far greater than those permitted under UEFA's regs. This maximum wage increase part of the Premier League's FFP regs is something that can easily be addressed if clubs sign bigger commercial deals. Which brings me nicely back to Everton - at the turn of the year, they signed a naming rights deal for their Finch Farm training complex which largely slipped under the radar of most of us. The deal is with a company called USM Holdings which was founded by Alisher Usmanov who by sheer coincidence happens to be a close mate of Farhad Moshiri:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...s-alisher-usmanov-usm-holdings-farhad-moshiri

Now I'm not suggesting Everton are doing anything wrong here - after all, given our past approach to these kinds of deals, it would be very hypocritical of me to take such a view (in fact, although they're far from my favourite club and some of their fans got all uppity following our takeover, I say fair play to them) but the uproar in the media and elsewhere that ensued after City signed the Etihad deal seems to be conspicuous by it's absence on this occasion. To his credit, I remember seeing Andy Dunn write an article about it, calling it the "deal of the century" but that was about it.

I know. Someone must want him.
Good player siggurdson but everton lack pace, can see a few red cards for rooney as he gets ever more frustrated.

My worry with Bone-idle is that we have a knack for finding players who'd rather sit on their arse at our club or play out a half-hearted loan than move on and lower their wages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.