Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad we got him at the price we did or he would already have been crucified by some.
He's a star in the making though, as far as I'm concerned.

He's got a long way to go in terms of finishing.

Ultimately he's probably best playing as a second striker IMO - you wouldn't want him to play much upfront by himself atm.

I love Jesus and he will be fantastic I am sure of it . his problem at the moment is because he is so Quick, he puts him selef just in Offside positiom, he has had already 4 goals that was bairly offiside. once he gets that controled, the goals will be many, an the offside far and few between. ⭐

Not up to speed yet. Missing many chances.

Does he link well with Aguero?

Not up to speed yet. Missing many chances.

Does he link well with Aguero?
I think he does but not in the traditional sense of a strike partnership with one laying the ball off for the other. What impressed me at Brighton was that they didn't seem to get in each other's way in the opposition box, their movement was intelligent and varied and gave the creative players options for the final ball.

Have to be honest I am not totally convinced by him yet. Could be another Robinho. Big ask to expect him to be our main man. (Yet)

He's not up to speed yet but neither is Aguero, already saw enough last season to know what he's about, he'll be back at it and then some in no time... big future for this lad he has just as many believers as Mbappé accross the pond too so he must be doing something right. Probably needs a good run in the CL to convince some of those in Europe(he already briefly had pundits purring last season in the prem) who haven't seen much of him and then we can slap whatever value we want on him(not that we'd sell). His movement on his own causes defenders headaches, add Aguero's to that mix (who has always had great movement) and it's easy to see why Pep wants to try and fit them both in, if he can get it working it could be a deadly combo.

I was a bit surprised at the open net he missed on the tour as he is normally instinctive scoring from impossible angles, maybe just rust or maybe got caught in two minds overthinking it. He will have a lot to take in under Pep but hopefully he feels somewhat settled now and I'm sure he's up to taking it all on board and becoming the player Pep sees in him.

Last edited:
Have to be honest I am not totally convinced by him yet. Could be another Robinho. Big ask to expect him to be our main man. (Yet)
His attitude and application is several levels above that of the very casual Robinho - the only thing they have in common is nationality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.