Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, cheers fella
I was told by someone very close to JE last week I would be texting them this week I didn't know what he was talking about and laughed it off....I just text him about this transfer and his text back was....I told you you would be texting me this week

Arsenal wanted him last year but Pulis wouldn't let him leave then but he did agree if a top 4 club came in for him again as long as it suited WBA he would let him go...it will take a bid upwards of £20miil though

oh_hell_no.gif

£18m? Is the "m" a typo? Journos getting revenge on Bluemoon for a laugh? He's nowhere near as good as Stones or Ota... would he get in Argentina's squad? Nooope! England's? Squad at a stretch but there would be several in front of him ensuring he is never used.

We can't always sign £60m or £70m players.
Agreed. Personally I'd MUCH rather we spent a load on a decent CB and got an average player in as back up for the attack. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it is this way round though and if we are going to compromise on the CB then I suppose someone like Evans might fit the bill. Probably a safer bet than Inigo Martinez.

FWIW, I have a feeling this will happen. Sounds like our interest is genuine and I reckon Evans would relish coming to City at this point in his career,

Bound to have jinxed it.

It's not that he used to play for United it's that he plays for WBA now and isn't very good.

Saying he will hardly play isn't the best argument for signing him. Thank god they rejected our offers. This has Delph written all over it.

Agreed. Personally I'd MUCH rather we spent a load on a decent CB and got an average player in as back up for the attack. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it is this way round though and if we are going to compromise on the CB then I suppose someone like Evans might fit the bill. Probably a safer bet than Inigo Martinez.

Nah, I'd spend the big bucks on a striker if there's a budget constraint.

Yep. Also shows that financially the priority lies elsewhere and not at CB - and rightly so IMO!

Yeah it definitely makes sense from a financial and squad quota/pursuing other players angle.

Might also be an indicator that we're close with our other targets which is the reason why we've put a bid in for Evans, as i'd imagine we would have saved one of those foreign spots for Mangala or another centre back (cost permitting) if that wasn't the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.