Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
One or two have proved useful signings over the years, Kiddo and that bloke with the fluky backheel spring to mind.

Yeah I think back in the days when players were local and virtually every signing was home based and we didn't have the media and razzmatazz we have in the game now and for the last 25 years, it may have been more acceptable. I'm sure he is a reasonable player and we need a CB but it wouldn't be for me personally.

Absolutely do not want him here and I think it would be a huge mistake to sign him. 'In Pep we trust' doesn't apply on this one for me.

Morgan had a good season their title win. Didn't have a good season the one after and he's been replaced in the pecking order now. Zouma played like 9 games for Chelsea their title win and is now on loan at Stoke of all places. So currently no those players are not good enough to win titles. If you think you're making a good case for Evans you are badly mistaken.
If he wanted to make that point he could have just pointed out that Evans himself has won the Premier League... 3 times.

But as we all know honours are not a sure-fire sign of quality.
Kleberson has more World Cup medals than Messi
Harry Kewell has more Champions League medals than David Silva
and Luke Chadwick has more Premier League medals than Steven Gerrard

Gonna go against everyone. I think Evans is a cracking player. Comfortable on the ball and two good feet. Would suit Peps style well. And he wouldnt be the first rag to cross to the blue side. His injury record would be my major concern. But he'd be an excellent squad player tho not first choice obviously.

i suppose Tevez worked out ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.