Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question, can anyone name a defender other than Evans that would improve us (not currently at the club) that would be ok being 3rd or 4th choice CB and would be relatively cheap?

They can't because there isn't one who is also homegrown and has won the PL and the CL which means he brings in load of expierence.

I personally really rate Jonny Evans.. Hope this thread comes back to bite a few in the arse. We need a solid experienced 4th choice CB and he ticks all the boxes for me.

Times have changed, and CB's tend to peak at this age. I remember watching Evans against Ibrahimovic and doing well last season, same with Negredo and Benteke. He's not UCL quality. But he's pretty good.
With the high line we employ. I cant think of anyone less suited to our system tbh.
Unlike Mr Pulis, we're not exactly partial to parking busses are we

Its one reason, the the other is that he's nowhere near good enough.
I'd argue he's good enough to be 4th choice for just about anyone. I'd argue that pretty much every CB in the world who's better than him would be unhappy to be so far down the pecking order at any club.

Just who is scouting players these days? absolutely no young English players with potential to improve this window. so getting over the ex red he is tall with decent movement and understanding and should be at his peak, on the negative his days at utd was littered with failings which is why fergie played him and dropped him for a month on a regular basis, has he got better probably but it is hard to tell as he plays in a 10 man defense
What who's doing the scouting its freelance nowadays,but the two main scouts support the rags and dippers ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.