Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in an office full of reds, and they are all convinced that Evans is a top defender - they were all gutted that he left, and reckon he is still better than Jones, Rojo & Smalling. Apparently Fergie was fuming when Van Gaal sold him, and lets be honest - even though Fergie has been a thorn in our sides for years, we all know that he knows his stuff.

I've never been somebody who cares how much clubs spend on players transfer fees - for all I care, Bony could have cost a billion...it's not my money so I don't care! However, £25m for him does seem a bit steep - could we not just do a straight swap deal? Just swap him for Mangala? We're never gonna use the bloke, nor are we likely to get any money for him, so lets just swap him for someone we do want.

Keep the faith!

I would champion the inclusion of any academy player as long as he has something about him. If Foden was given some game time this season I would be delighted, even though I would expect his form to be inconsistent. With Tosin, I have seen nothing from him, to suggest he will be a Premier League level player, never mind one that can hold down a place in a side with title aspirations.

We should get rid then. Let him develop elsewhere and hope we don't regret it.

Not sure that's fair. Most people think we're over-paying for an average PL player. Are you expecting people to be overwhelmed?

He ain't going to get better, at some point it would be nice if we took a gamble on our own.
The worst thing is the abuse that Sancho got. Why do people think some of our young players want to leave when we sign average premier league players which clog up the progression ladder for our young players.

Tosin might not be at our level yet but will improve, costs fuck all and is a City Fan. Evans has never been at our level and never will be, cost 25m, plus his wages will be much higher and he's not just a ex RAG but he supports them. He wife even works for Manure TV.

Tosin's position hasn't changed at all with this transfer.

He was 5th choice CB behind Mangala, now he's 5th choice behind Evans. If we had bought anyone else, he'd have been 5th choice. I don't recall you proclaiming we didn't need a new CB until you found out it was someone you didn't like.

If Guardiola is wrong and you are right, Tosin will climb above Evans in the pecking order very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.